Know Your Rights! [USA'ins].

Discussion in 'General' started by GreenJo, Jul 28, 2008.

1. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS. And never, in any situation, act like you don't. Everyone should know everything about their rights. Never have to plead idiosyncrasy - you will lose every time. Don't lie, be truthful. And when a cop pulls you over, don't act like you're a bad-ass. Act like an average citizen... I know most of you know this, but don't hate cops. Be smarter than them. I hate to say it, I do fear cops. The government has made us, it seems, over-feared beings... Cops are suppose to serve and protect. It seems like they just serve, but you can protect yourself. We, as Americans, have so many rights... And our g'vment system really is pretty cool about things. If you're truthful, the most they will want from you is money...

I had a friend that got off on just paying a fine. He got pulled over with 2 lbs of MJ on an interstate... And no, I'm not lying. He got charged with "trafficking" only.. :hello:

2. Of course, you can still be patriotic by protesting unjust laws. :) Not to a cop who can't do much for you though haha.

3. Don't lie, don't be truthful.

Don't be anything.

4. Exactly! Not saying a word is being truthful, too. Well put.

5. That's about the best advice I've ever heard in reference to talking to the police. Short and simple.

6. Thanks for the detailed and informative post! Without it, I would've NEVER known how to protect my rights.

7. hahahahahahahaha

i'm laughing because we have no rights.

Thanks USA! Home of the free my ass

8. Only if you think so. You do have rights... They want it to seem like you have none. Or that you're trapped. But the constitution gives you a lot of pretty awesome rights.

edit: But it is up to you to learn them, completely, and act with them. You, obviously feel that you have no rights. You stated it. But if you are ever standing in a courtroom with a tie on, you'll know instantly how it important it is to know your rights. I'm not 100 on America and how we operate as a nation, but I do know that America won't ever get me on something that I don't know. Just educate yourself on the rights you WOULD have if America was a 'legit' country (if you really believe you have no rights). Learn the rights that you are suppose to have. And then use them how you are suppose to use them... You'll find out quick that education, even seemingly having just-a-bit, will get you further than "not having any".

9. "Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself"

10. Exactly. Looking at things as a whole-structure, they don't exist. But inside the pool-of-whatever America is made of, you can use your rights to swim to the good side of things. Metaphorically speaking, of course. :)

11. Countries do not give rights, they only take them.

12. We only have rules and regulations because most people can't handle the fact that we know nothing about what is happening in the world around us.

13. I, as an American, have every right that is on the constitution. And I wish someone would try to take them away from me. :) It's up to the citizen to let his or her g'ment strip them of their rights (in most free countries, anyway).

I'm just saying... Don't say you have no rights and then go get in the car and smoke a bowl on the way to a friends house. That's abusing your right to drive... And it's not 'kind of' abusing your right to drive... It is straight up raping it.

14. What I was trying to say is that you are born free, able to do as you choose, + government and you are restricted to the rights they have not taken. Not saying we should be able to do anything but anyway ramble :D

15. Oh okay, I feel you man. I bet the Indians had it made. :cool:

16. Exactly. Don't speak until you have to... Or when you're face-to-face with the judge. That's when it matters.

17. details please....how did this person manage to get out with only paying a fine after being caught with 2 elbows? Was he charged federally or in which state?

18. He was charged in Alabama. As I said - a fine. It was pretty hefty, but money does talk. He also had an unregistered firearm.

19. its not like if i think i have rights i'll suddenly have them. and they dont want it to seem like we don't have rights, they want us to think we have rights. i have learned them and i do know my rights but technically i dont have them because most of them have been suspended for fighting terrorism.

cops can legally come into your house for no reason. where is my 4th amendment right? gone like the others for fighting terrorism.

mayb you should learn about the rights you don't have by reading the PATRIOT ACT and the Military Commisions act and that new surveillence act. sorry but you really don't have any rights.