know anything about subs?

Discussion in 'General' started by yellow bic, Feb 22, 2007.

1. what you need to do is find out whether the sub is running at 4OHM or 2 OHM.

then match them with the amp you buy.

also you need to match Watts RMS, not peak watts

2. they are the ones that like to take it

3. Ok, that sub comes in two models, the t5510-04 and the t5510-44. the 04 is a single 4 ohm coil and the 44 is a dual 4 ohm coil. You need to know which in order to choose an amp. Also, 300watts is your RMS (root mean squared) power. Basically, that means average. This is the number you care about. Peak ratings are meaningless other than to make your dick bigger. ;)

The amp you posted is a bad idea. Not enough power and it's not a brand I would put into my vehicle. Ever.

I have to be quick here, so I'm just going to browse the site you posted, but...If you have the single 4ohm VC, then I would siggest something like this. Not too expensive, but not crap either.

If you have the dual coils, then maybe something like...well really, you could use the same amp. It would run 220W rms with the single or 400W rms with the dual. If you have the dual, you just have to make sure you tune your gains right and be responsible with your volume knob. It's a little more power than it's rated for, but I've put some serious abuse into MTX gear before and it's always held up.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. Listen to Talon, he said almost exactly what i would've said, exept i didnt know the model numbers.

I've got a JL 250/1 I can sell you to power that sub if you want. it doesn't matter if it runs 2 or 4 ohm cause it sets itself automatically. My sub got stolen, but the dumbass didn't take the amp, so i've got nothin to push with it. PM me if you want it.