kind k5 1000

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by budmasters420, Jun 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Has anyone had experience with the kind k5 1000 an had great yields. Is the footprint really 5x5

2. What do you mean

3. As of now the led grow lights are getting close but a 1000w kind should be compared to a 600w hps. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong. Kind makes one of the best LEDs but just know that 99% of all grow equipment is made in China so things do happn. Kind has an awesome 90 day return so you can do a full run and if you aren't satisfied just payshipping to return and you get a full refund. They also come with a year warrenty. I still cannot get past the price tag. Even at 1000 I'm still not sold. On the other hand if money wasnt an issue I'd jump on the kinds anyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Much better lights out there. HPS is better than Chinese Kind. Any hps will outdo cheap inefficient LEDs. There are LEDs that crush hps, Kind not being one of them. Until you have educated yourself, it is better to stick with hps than to be sucked in by huge promises and fancy ads.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The only led that I know that is any better than a kind is blackdog LEDs. Is that what you had in mind? Please enlighten me I'm curious haha

6. Through in Mars and Vipar right away.

7. Warranty?

8. Check out American companies using Cree or Vero cobs about 3500k white and go from there. You may choose diy with help on YouTube or even on this forum. Avoid lights not willing to tell or show exact components. These lights will crush 'bout anything out there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. How could you guys doubt kind if you have never used there k5 1000

10. Read some of the real reviews on pot type forums. I've had my share of Chinese crap LEDs myself. Many others have also. That's all, trying to prevent people from spending their money on inferior and cheaply made products with a terrible record on customer service. I have no connection to any companies.

11. king china crap 1000watts

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've been thinking about getting a Kind light too. Either that or a Claifornia lightworks. Problem is theres so much mixed info out there. Dont know what to believe.

13. As far as LEDs go, they are some of the best out there. They're extremely expensive and only shine straight down with no reflector....that I'm aware of. So, I seriously doubt that the footprint is 5x5. It might cover that much square footage if you hung it high, but the farther away from your plants your lights are, you lose power...and I know that's not the proper way to express that (LOL). They do burn hotter than hps to the plant, but are much much cooler than any other flowering light we have out there other than CFLs....which SUCK for flowering. I can flower 6 plants under one 1000 watt hps. Was looking at the exact same light you're talking about at the hydro store the other day for $1,250.00....and it didn't look like it would cover more than a couple of plants to me. If you're going to buy yourself one, take the time to do the research YOURSELF and find one of decent quality. There are thousands of people on these forums and half or more know nothing about what they're talking about. So before you take advice on the most important piece of equipment in your grow, make darn sure you're talking to someone who has or is using what you're looking at and can give you an idea of how it's working for them. Don't go for the cheap LEDs....you'll just be wasting your money. The cheaper they are, the cheaper the components, labor, shipping, etc., and by the time they float all the way over to the good 'ole USA, many are broken or damaged. Try to buy a good quality one made in the USA. I do know that KIND has excellent customer service and do warranty their products, but they're still a bit rich for my blood. LOL TWW

14. I use kind xl1000's in a 5x5 grow tent in aero sealed, and I harvested a pound of blue dream and a pound of strawberry cheesecake with them. I've never seen any hid bulb that can outperform quality. Smh, most people with the negative comments have never truly grew with them. And one other thing, with this kind. I use the entire plant. Even the damn stalks have trichomes. Quite naturally you will get more product with a hid, just like you get way more product growing outside, but who want some outdoor shit when you can get some indoor.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've seen people walk in and wanting me to sell eye systems over these lights. All it took was one grow. And what's funny, they give you that amount of time to get a full refund if you don't like it.

16. Stoked to hear that you are using Kind lights and having good results. I am also looking at getting Kinds LEDs but unfortunately money is a massive object so I need to be 100% sure of what I am getting. I am growing in a 3x3x6 tent hoping to do 4 plants at a time. Do you think the Kind K3 L600 is good for 3+ ounces per plant or do I need to step up to the K5 L750?

17. This thread is full of pure. B.S.

KIND is shit. Blurples are shit. Will veg fine but the flower will blow.

For LED look at Cree CXB3590s.

Please go to Rollitup If you want actual knowledgeable LED advice, as apparently this is not the place.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I just bought the k5 1000 yesterday. Footprint is a few inches more than 4x4 when hung 2 feet above the canopy. I supplement with 4 Apollo Horticulture 75w ufo's. I have weekly pics if you want to check out my post "Kind K5 / Bio Canna"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have a Kind k5 750w, I did a lot of research on them and found both good/bad. But with the $ I'll save in electricity and lower heat in the tent I'm hoping I'll have good results. I have a journal going right now, just waiting for The Vault to deliver my seeds . Will post weekly results on my journal as soon as they are in the pots!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1