Kimbo Slice VS Tank Abbott <Video>

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike420, Feb 18, 2008.

1. <embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=51571027503900355&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Owned!

2. That is one scary black guy...

3. Why the fuck even put that old white dude in there with him? Shitty fight IMO.

4. Word Put him in there with someone with some submission moves. Punch for punch Kimbo is going to pawn.

5. i saw that on tv yesterday. waited like an hour and a half for a what, 40 second fight? i knew kimbo would dom

6. What event was that?

So Kimbo's in Cage fighting now? he looks alot more ripped than when I used to watch his you tube footage.

Must have been fairly big sounded like comentary from Mike Goldberg and also it was sponesered by Rockstar Engery Drinks.

Sorry if it sounds like a noob question but over in the UK I havent seen or heard any media behind this fight.

Bit crap giving him Tank Abbot as he clearly hasnt progressed since the early UFC matches he was in compared to new MMA fighters or even the veterens.

7. EliteXC: Mixed Martial Arts

http://www.elitexc.com/

8. Tank was a poor choice for Kimbo to fight..

9. Tank abbott got smashed so quickly kimbos got some hard hits.

10. Wow, that dude sucks... Honestly get someone with some decent moves in there and maybe some agility.

Props to Sean Gannon(Boston cop) that beat kimbo after like a 10 minute fight.

11. i think i saw kimbo loose 1 fight out of every single video i seen him in, that dude a straight beast!!!

12. They are both chumps. Kimbo's two proffesional fights have been against chumps because if they put him in there with someone who's even in the top 20 he would get KTFO. Tank has lost 10 out of his 11 last fights, is 40+, and a chump.

Put him against someone who actually has skill, agility, and overall toughness that can take a couple punches and when it goes to the ground it will be over quick, especially since all Kimbo can do is punch. All the training with Bas Rutten he's still a chump.

Look at those blows to the back of the head, it's a wonder Tank could even see straight.

I say it should be Lesnar vs. Slice in his next fight, that would be one hell of a dangerous slug fest, but I think Lesnar would come out on top.

Lesnar completely dominated his first UFC fight until he fucked up with a noob mistake and got caught in a knee bar. That was Mir's last stand, he was getting the hell knocked out of him. Lesnar also got a couple back of the head hits from rushing in, but his UFC debut was more impressive than any of Kimbo's fights.

13. What up fellow tokers I see an mma or boxing thread pop up every now and then and i was just wondering how many of my fellow blades trained

14. They put him against Tank Abbott because of his name, plus Kimbo is just an updated Tank. Both started off doing street/bar fighting, both usually talk mad trash and for the most part are just standup fighters.

[quote name='Cooch']I say it should be Lesnar vs. Slice in his next fight, that would be one hell of a dangerous slug fest, but I think Lesnar would come out on top.[\quote]

That would be awesome. I'm sure Lesnar would win. The first time Lesnar got hit with a hard punch he'd take him to the ground and the fight would be over. Although Kimbo has been training with Bas Rutten... Good fight none the less... But doesn't Lesnar fight for UFC? And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere how Dana White said he wouldn't ever give Kimbo a chance because he isn't UFC caliber or something to that effect.

15. Yeah, I can see kimbo gettin his shit kicked in by someone more skilled/younger than tank abbot.

16. that fight was bullshit in my opinion sean gannon is a tough dude, but you cant use any choke holds or knee in the face in a kimbo fight, he fights old school,

no hitting on the ground, no kicking, no knees, that dude kneed him out once and had him in a choke for like 3 mins, it was bullshit, if they went toe to toe kimbo woulda beat the brakes off that dude

17. As soon as they put Kimbo in the ring with anybody that has a jujitsu or wrestling background he's gonna get destroyed.

18. Hey now, I think you're gettin a little overly emotional with this one :D

But ya, I agree. I just wanna see a fight of his go to the mat.

19. Har Har

That wasn't even a fight..Tank looked like crap and just got ran through

20. Meh I think Kimbo needs more experiences before he go into the whole new level. Just wait couple more of fights...Ray is like 49 years old, and Tank is 43, and I'm sure his next fight will be someone younger.
    Fighting someone with more experiences as his 1st/2nd fight = bad idea. It's like taking a huge 3 foot bong hit for your first time :p

oh and...imagine how bad if Kimbo got Tank with that last punch. (missed uppercut) Perfect, crispy, clean, smooth upper cut...

Edit: Also, Kimbo has only been training for UFC for like year. Most guys trained for like 5-10 years before they go in UFC.