Killing Time at Work

Discussion in 'General' started by Predator1, Mar 17, 2008.

1. So I recently broke the stoner stereotype and got a new job. Pays good, free college and health insurance, I dont have to work very hard, and i get to travel. But...
    This job is mad fucking boring.

I know I'm getting a sweet deal on this job, as I essentially get paid to do nothing, but I'm dying of boredom! I can't leave my building, I have no TV, radio signals suck, and all my internet activity is monitored, so I'm restricted to SFW-sites. On top of that, no foreign software can be installed on the computers there, and access to any foreign networks is forbidden, so no instant messengers or online apps.

So, blades... What do I do?! If you know of a good safe-for-work site to stare at for hours on end, hook me up :(

Edit: No, I cant smoke weed on the job, i share the building with one other guy. I wouldnt want to be high on the job anyway, people roll by there every now and then and i dont want to talk to anyone high cause this is an uptight place.

2. You described my old job to a tee. where do you work? is it in the insurance industry?

www.addictinggames.com that one always worked for me

This site is hilarious to read through also www.darwinawards.com "Honoring those who improve the species...by removing them selves from it"

3. get a PSP or a DS or something. or you could get an ipod and watch movies/listen to music. sounds like a sweet job, what do you do if you dont mind me asking?

4. you could pick up a good book. or maybe write a book. learn to draw? write poems or raps. do sudoku or crosswords. shit i dunno. the possibilities are endless man. sounds like a fuckin sweat deal to me!

5. i work on my letters at work when im bored (draw)

6. i agree with the psp response.

7. I agree with the PSP/DS response. I dunno much about PSPs , but with the new DS Lites you can play online wirelessly with people around the world. Or you can get a USB plug for you DS that lets you get on the internet if you don't have wireless.

Pokemon Diamond against everyone stoned. Sick.

8. I have a Gameboy SP and I've been rockin Pokemon Silver and FireRed recently. I think I'm gonna get one of those portable black and white TVs to put in there and bring in my 360 (When i get it next week :D) and just keep it in the drawer so it's not laying out.

I work on a naval base as a surveyor. Pretty easy work when we have something to do, which is rarely.

edit: I loathe poetry with the blackest, most hateful piece of my heart, but I actually wrote a pretty funny poem at work today. It was about my old high school principal. I think I'm gonna go make like 2,000 copies, visit the school and just litter the hallways with em.

9. Flash Drive some games and AIM or something.

10. dont sugarcoat it, tell how you really feel. haha

i like to write poetry :cry:

must be eeemo.