Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Killing my own high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by barrier, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Sup blades,
    Long time reader, first time poster. I've been smoking for around a year now and a to a much greater extent the last 6 months. I smoke 3-4 times a week since I go to school full time and have a job. I've lately been getting high for shorter and shorter periods of time. As low as 2 hours. I've also been getting less high. At first I thought it was just my tolerance but I've taken 2 2 week tolerance breaks recently and I still feel like I can just never get quiet as high. The tolerance breaks helped the first few times I smoked but then it just went back to normal. I began to wonder if it was because I sometimes force myself to act sober around people who aren't smokers. Could acting sober possibly be permanently causing me to feel less high than I actually am? Help!

TLDR
    Is acting sober sometimes preventing me from getting as high?

2. just be your self :rolleyes:

3. Agreed.

4. i blaze before school all the time, and i act sober but am still really baked :D idk just be yourself, dont actually try to hide it.

5. Acting sober or at least trying to always makes me not feel as high, it's just a buzzkill lol. I'm perfectly fine if I'm stoned just being myself, the only obvious times that I'm high is when I'm trying not to act high, I get all paranoid and it's like boom, I'm totally sober for whatever reason lol.

6. yeah focusing on not looking high sucks. Just enjoy the high, don't think too much about what you're doing/how you look.

@RedMagic... I fucking loved All That.

7. Well I guess I'll just be myself and smoke more. That's what I drew from your posts. Lolololol. But really, thanks for the input.

8. yea man if im at home im fuckin blasted for 3 + hours but at skool im high for about an hour and i like subconcsiously (fucked up spelling) sober myseld up

9. Right, All That was my shit dude. The original cast...Kennan and Kel, Amanda Bynes, all them :hello:

The Repair Man (Man, Man, Man, Man, Man haha) skits were my favorite, Kel was hilarious.

EDIT: There are a shit load of All That fans on here haha

10. Hiding a high sucks so much...

11. Need some potent weed my dude.

12. Trying to look a certain way will almost make you look more high than just acting natural because if people are perceptive they'll be able to tell that you're acting. Hope that made sense...

13. yeah, thing is though i really do convince them all, im good at hiding emotions and shit, just my stoner friends know im high cause of how much i smoked or how red my eyes are, haha

14. same thing with me bro if i act sober around some people my high doesnt last as long.

once i smoked two bowls of some good loud stuff and got to a road block and as soon as the cop said "have you been smoking weed" my high went the fuck away! and as soon as he let me go after about 30 min, when i relaxed the high crept back up on me

15. I smoke between 4-5 times a day. I honestly cant remember a day in 2 years where
    Im not stoned. And I feel the same as you sometimes, just dont get that same
    High? down to the fact my friends all smoke and so does ny family. Needless to say my memory is fucked! Haha. Just be yourself. Smoke as much or as little as you want. Just be yourself :smoke:

16. Lmfao :smoke:

17. wow i would be happy if i was high for at least 2 hours everytime i smoked.

18. I guess acting sober could ruin it for you if you do it a lot. If you try and force yourself not to act the way you would high by yourself in front of people, over time you could develop a habit of that and your body could eventually equate being high with acting...not high.

I have no idea though but really just enjoy the high don't spend it around people you can't be high around. Hang out with non smokers or family members or whatever when you are sober and get high when you can be by yourself or with other friends who smoke.

Also to the people who say they lose their high when a cop or authority figure shows up, I would think that is because your adrenal gland is producing lots of adrenaline which would overpower the high from cannabis, kind of like if you were in a fight or a life threatening engagement.

19. Acting sober kills your high.
    Killing your high is a waste of weed.
    A waste of weed is a waste of money.

Then

Acting sober is a waste of money.

20. How about a more realistic post?

Don't smoke when you should be sober.

Smoke when you can fully enjoy it. You'll enjoy it more.

So your answer of smoking "more often" isn't necessarily the correct way to see this.