killing a rapist: morality and actual crime?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by soursalts, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Part a: looking for opinions on it. If you were raped, witnessed rape, heard of a friend or family member being raped, would you do something about it? What would you do? Would you go as far as killing the culprit?

Part b: if you were being raped, but killed your rapist, would that be discharged as self defense? Or what if you were raped, got away, and got a weapon and killed your rapist, would that be looked at as murder? What if you killed someone else's rapist during the rape, or chased them down that day and then killed them? Would you be charged?

2. if a girl raped me and didnt give me any stds id be ok with it...id tell her to rape me again....

if someone raped my mom/daughter/wife id kill them in a heartbeat.

3. [quote name='"Cloud10Beats"']if a girl raped me and didnt give me any stds id be ok with it...id tell her to rape me again....

if someone raped my mom/daughter/wife id kill them in a heartbeat.[/quote]

Sorry I meant to put SERIOUS RESPONSES ONLY at the bottom.

4. its basically up to the judge/jury. if its in self defense and theres evidence to support it you'd be fine. if you got away then went to kill them it wouldnt be self defense cuz you then made the conscious decision to seek them out and kill them. but at that point if you actually knew who the person was/where they live it'd just be more reasonable to call the cops. I assume it'd still be murder, its revenge at that point and you might get charged with premeditated murder.

as for part a, I've dated girls that were raped and abused, I've seen how fucked up it makes them. I wont answer how far I'd go, I'll just say they wouldnt be raping anymore.

5. [quote name='"Grimm420"']its basically up to the judge/jury. if its in self defense and theres evidence to support it you'd be fine. if you got away then went to kill them it wouldnt be self defense cuz you then made the conscious decision to seek them out and kill them. but at that point if you actually knew who the person was/where they live it'd just be more reasonable to call the cops. I assume it'd still be murder, its revenge at that point and you might get charged with premeditated murder.

as for part a, I've dated girls that were raped and abused, I've seen how fucked up it makes them. I wont answer how far I'd go, I'll just say they wouldnt be raping anymore.[/quote]

Yeah I figured it would be better if they'd rot in prison, but that's only if they do get charged with it. Just looking for opinions, personal stories, etc. Bored here =p

6. normally in the pen the rapists are the first to get their booties popped, after child molesters, so that's something semi positive.

7. [quote name='"Grimm420"']

normally in the pen the rapists are the first to get their booties popped, after child molesters, so that's something semi positive.[/quote]

Yeah I agree.

8. I like how you casually say booties popped.

When in reality its being held against your will and having a dick rammed in your asshole.

9. meh, as far as I'm concerned they deserve it.

10. I say castration is my number 1 punishment for rapists on top of jail time.

11. It would be murder if you premeditated your attack against your rapist, but depending on the judge/prosecutor you could get off super easy, probation or something.

If I was being raped, or watching someone being raped, then I would probably knock the culprit unconscious (if possible) and restrain until police arrive. If at any point he became a threat to my life, I'd have no problem attempting to dispatch him.

Yes you would be charged for murdering someone else's rapist.. duh?

12. Let them go to prison they will either be by themselves for ever or they will get raped /killed in there

13. This girl i care about ALOT will never tell me the name of her ex because of what he did to her. Her family dont know how horrible he was to her, and ive been tempted at points to ask them about him, but for her sake, i wouldnt.

Her view on it is that he is out of her life, and me or her dad etc. beating the shit out of him/possibly killing him will only bring him back into her life. She never has to, or wants to hear anything about or be anywhere near the guy again.

14. #14 Wildcard23, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Part a: I'm really not sure... I don't know how I'd react in that situation. I'd probably be angry and want to do something but realize its not about me at that moment and try to be there for the person close to me and not go on some Kevin bacon murder revenge spree. Part b: if you are being raped you could probably get away with killing him and saying you feared for your life. If you were raped and killed the rapist later that day you would be charged. Same applies to other scenario, you feared for the victims life. Self defense is all about IMMEDIATE danger. There are many rape-shield laws protecting rape victims in varying circumstances so I'm not exactly sure how/what these laws cover specifically.

15. It's not like people have to find out that YOU killed the rapist. It could take time, I'd make it happen eventually, and people would most definitely not find the body or be able to link it back to me.

I'm smart, I would figure it out.

16. rapist caught in the act? I'm going to beat his ass within an inch of his life.

rapist after the fact? Call the popo.

17. #17 halokiller99, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I caught a kidnapping and almost a charge for tourture but my lawyer got that one dropped, We found out my freinds 12 year old sister got raped by this dude that been partying with her that was 17 so we went and put a bag over his head threw him in our car took him to the woods beat the shit outta him burned him with cigarettes got a metal bowl really hot and burned hellah sentive areas with that, we brought salt and were cutting him putting it in the wounds then rubbing dirt and shit in it to get it infected finally we all beat/kicked/punched him till he was KO'd and left. I was like 15/16 so I was still under age but you know I think I would still go and do it again. If anyone touches my little neice/sister ill grab my .44 bulldog and let em have it.

Edit: If I saw someone getting raped period they would be dead, I would pull the gun I keep on me everyday and blow their brains out, they are commiting a felony in front of me that the state of Iowa allows deadly force for. After the fact though no I would call 911 and just stay with the person that was raped I wouldnt chance them down.

18. [quote name='"Zr-01stamg"']I say castration is my number 1 punishment for rapists on top of jail time.[/quote]

Yeah that would make sense

19. #19 soursalts, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    [quote name='"iDontSmokeBlunt"']
    Yes you would be charged for murdering someone else's rapist.. duh?[/quote]

If you were witnessing it happen? Say you walked by an alleyway and a girl was being raped by a guy with a knife to her throat, thus endangering her life. Say you were a concealed pistol carrier. Would you worry about the llaw, if it were to save her life? Would the law really punish you if you were to shoot and kill the culprit?

[quote name='"halokiller99"']I caught a kidnapping and almost a charge for tourture but my lawyer got that one dropped, We found out my freinds 12 year old sister got raped by this dude that been partying with her that was 17 so we went and put a bag over his head threw him in our car took him to the woods beat the shit outta him burned him with cigarettes got a metal bowl really hot and burned hellah sentive areas with that, we brought salt and were cutting him putting it in the wounds then rubbing dirt and shit in it to get it infected finally we all beat/kicked/punched him till he was KO'd and left. I was like 15/16 so I was still under age but you know I think I would still go and do it again. If anyone touches my little neice/sister ill grab my .44 bulldog and let em have it.

Edit: If I saw someone getting raped period they would be dead, I would pull the gun I keep on me everyday and blow their brains out, they are commiting a felony in front of me that the state of Iowa allows deadly force for. After the fact though no I would call 911 and just stay with the person that was raped I wouldnt chance them down.[/quote]
    Federally, I think deadly force should be permitted.

20. In that case deadly force would be acceptable as both your life and hers would be in danger considering he has a weapon.