Killed over ganja

Discussion in 'General' started by Daniel St.Marti, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Was the headline a couple days ago...

Killed over ganja - Feuding sons of high-society officials
    published: Friday | January 5, 2007

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t AN ARGUMENT over ganja has left the son of Supreme Court judge Lennox Campbell dead and the son of principal of the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill campus, facing a charge of murder.
    Rodney Beckles, 21, whose father, Professor Hilary Beckles, was en route to Jamaica from Barbados yesterday, is now in police custody after stabbing to death Khalil Campbell, 28, of Daisy Avenue, St. Andrew.
    The accused Beckles, a student at the University of the West Indies, Mona campus, allegedly stabbed Campbell 21 times after an argument over the illegal substance.
    Police sources say Beckles is alleged to have denied Campbell the opportunity to smoke his chillum pipe, claiming Campbell was not mentally capable of 'handling the weed'. An altercation developed during which Beckles allegedly stabbed Campbell several times despite attempts by two other persons to restrain him.

To be charged today
    Campbell died while undergoing treatment at the nearby University Hospital of the West Indies while Beckles was arrested by the Papine police. He is expected to be charged today.
    The Constabulary Communication Network yesterday named Professor Beckles' son as Rodney McDonald of Bagatelle, St. James. However, UWI, Mona, sources confirmed the man arrested for the murder of Mr. Campbell was Rodney McDonald Beckles, a social sciences student at that institution.
    Meanwhile, another source said Professor Beckles was experiencing difficulty getting a flight out of Barbados to Jamaica and hence opted to travel to the island via Miami. He was expected to arrive in Jamaica last night.
    A table tennis player, Beckles, whose mother is believed to be a Jamaican, is a Barbadian citizen but has represented Jamaica at the junior level.

An article published today about the victim, who apparently suffered from marijuana induced psychosis
    http://jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20070106T180000-0500_117528_OBS__I_WOULDN_T_WISH_THIS_ON_MY_WORST_ENEMY__.asp

2. and heres another bad rep for bud.. fucking idiots. "handle the weed" wtf.

3. Sounds like the guy who stabbed him couldn't handle the weed.

4. Stupid fucking kids.

5. sounds like he might have been a coke head to have just blown up like that.

6. ^^
    Stupid fucking kids is right and on top of it, a supreme court judge. makes cannabis look real bad now.

7. Source ( http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news..._I_WOULDN_T_WISH_THIS_ON_MY_WORST_ENEMY__.asp )

He was not taking his meds probably cause he didn't believe they were right, but hey maybe they were but im speculating ok. The guy killed him sounded like he had the mental problems stabbing him 21 times cause he thought he could not mentally handle it, probably cause of what the DOC said, im going to speculate some more. The kid that stabbed him knew about this and lost it after they got into it, if the doctor never would have said he had this condition cause of weed this would probably not happen but the kid that stabbed him was insane anyway.

Probably cause his parents disapproved of his habits and since marijuana was used, it has to be 100% psychosis paranoid schizophrenia

After reading this, I feel bad about him. The parents believe he has been dying slowly and his " Transformation " cause of his appearance and other points stated but comon.

8. Well the Supreme Court of Jamaica, apparently

Shit, that article about his marijuana-induced-psychosis is priceless. "His disease began to affect his grooming..." just because he had a beard and dreads. Do the Jamaicans even know what their 'stereotype' is? Because a lot of people would think of a guy with dreads and a fat cone in his mouth...

9. An article published today about the victim, who apparently suffered from marijuana induced psychosis
    whoa is this friken possilbe?

10. wow. they said that marijuana is a disease. what idiots.

11. Yeah...I thought that was kinda stupid...it looks like he intended to grow locks...but I guess thats how his family perceived it.

They meant his psychosis.

12. you guys... i have a disease.. its called "marijuana-made-me-do-it". its serious and i need help

13. haha funny stuff!

14. schizophrenia usually starts in the late teens early twenties. my guess is maybe the weed was all that would chill this guy out - or make him feel at ease. bcus of his unique chemical situation - both with being schizo and on meds off and on - weed is not going to b the same with him either

if i get high and rob a bank 2morrow - think i can get off w/court ordered therapy and disability payments???

lol. - i'm just joking - but u never know - somebody out there is prob thinking that right now.

my brother is on disability 4 his back and they test him 2 make sure he is not abusing his pain med - they found weed in his system and perscribed him thc pills so he won't smoke.

the pills are better than any weed u could imagine - and he has a get out of drug testing free card now - literally - he has to carry a card saying he is on perscribed thc.

it just goes to show - no matter what the laws, propaganda, bs - a pothead always comes out on top because god loves pot

...and hates schizos

but i do feel bad for that guy.

15. I feel bad for the guy, too...but no one's going to grow to accept marijuana if shit like this keeps happening. " Handle the weed " Wtff?

16. mayby im just a lightweight?? but ive been so high i started cryin, i was real scared... i am sure im not the only 1 who can't handle weed sometimes... but i agree with every1s post though

17. I don't see anything about it in today's newspapers. I hope it dies out still.

18. BCC hahaha, thats so weird. I go to University of Miami but I have abunch of friends who go to BCC, thats crazy that stuff happend. Marijuana induced psychosis?? No, sounds like the son was doin more than pot, and someone isnt releasing all the details. I've lived in south florida all my life and Jamacians are not known for pot, its more like cocaina!oy!!! "Marijuana made me do it" haha thats classic.

19. Ugh, at the rate of violence and societies' ignorance I wouldn't be suprised if the world ends tomorrow.

And that murder is just one more point for the government to blame on marijuana.

Wanna know how IGNORANT the world is today? I turned on Fox News this morning and found out that a little girl was murdered, the killer CONFESSED, and the judge tossed the confession.

WTF?

20. the second pic of ol boy looks alot like someone I know.

And whoever made that comment about he must have been a coke head to explode like that, THAT IS A STEREOTYPE. not all coke heads blow theyre top and kill people, I for one take offence to accusation of it.

and White warrior I love that you have Riley as your Avatar. Boondocks kick ass