KILLA Bud

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Killa Cam, Mar 7, 2005.

1. ok well this is my first real grow...the first time my buddy was growing and i would walk over to his house and do whatever i could to help...we only ran into 1 problem and that was keepin the soil ok(ph level)...other then that it went pretty good we got a good amount of bud and lasted us a long time...:smoking: ...but he got into selling and got caught so he is in MAJOR trouble right now his parents sent him to some bootcamp in hell (not really sure but he wrote me a letter saying it is horrible) he was caught with a little over an ounce i was pretty sad when i found out... and i want to grow on my own(not really plannin on selling it) even though my best bud just got caught i still want to...i am prob only goin 2 grow about 2 plants in a small space on like 3 feet tall 1 foot wide 1 foot long...and i have bagse...ok so far i have:

1. seeds(not germinated yet because i wanna see if i have everything ready to start)
    2. some pretty good soil my nieghbor said u can grow tomatoes with it and the npk ratio is 20-10-10
    3. so i am not sure on what kind of light i should get that is one of my problems
    4. and another question i had is should i have like a tube that goes into the box to bring in fresh air (i have a small fan and that should work for the temp. and keepin the stems strong and stuff) but is that considered ventalation???
    5. i am goin 2 make a trip to home depot (places just like that) to get my lights and while i am there are there any cheap ferts i can buy???

well...thanks for ANYONE that helps me out...im not a absolutly new to this but i just need some help...so thanks for any help im planning on starting this coming up weekend which is like 5 days

2. -Get some ziplock bags for Germing
    -Figure out how much you wanna spend on lights (150W HPS @ www.e-conolight.com = $49.57 [Shipping included], that should be plenty for 2 plants.) (Fluoros = much cheaper but smaller yield.)
    -That soil is good!
    -Is your box sealed? If it is, then you will need some exhaust/intake system for fresh air. One tube going in will not do it. You need an exhaust fan to pull the air into the box.
    -You won't need ferts for a few weeks with that soil.

Good luck with your grow KC!

3. Just gonna try and help/answer question matching numbers above:

1. Your a smart man...one of the worst things is getting ahead of yourself and poor
    planing.

2. Soil wise try to stay away from soils with fertilizer already in them, then tend to create "hot spots" and well I've had (and so have others) pH problems...If you can just grab a bag of Plain Potting Soil (most come with perlite mixed in which is good). Not sure where ya live but if you have a wal-mart near by they sell 9 L bags for 99 cents and it's perfect.

3. Home Depot has 3 lighting options:
    CFL- They have some nice 42 watt (12.00),and sockets (1.45) and spilters
    (2.00). Buy yourself a cheap extention cord and your good to go!
    Floro Tubes-From ur box size this would be kinda useless (splemental lighting maybe
    but might as well spend the money on the main lighting.
    HPS- They have a nice outdoor security 70 HPS (i think it was 70 bucks) but you
    will need an extention cord to wire it up.

I'd say for a box that size go for CFLs, if it's a sealed box HPS heat would be a bit of a pain in the @$$ to deal with plus for a first grow CFLs are ideal.

4. The purpose if the PVC or flexable tube is to prevent Light from getting in/out you
    ventalation holes in the box. If you want help setting up your stuff pm me with
    details of ur box and we'll figure that out.

5. Again I'm gonna go with "Plant Prod" from Wal-mart...I got both my veg and
    flowering ferts for a grand total of 4 bucks!

Hope that helps, btw all price are CND and well what i can remember...might not be exact but will give you an idea.

4. :D VOKAL IS GIVING ME ADVISE:D

i truely look up to you(your grow is amazing;) )...well i kinda need to save up my money so this grow might not happend til summer...thanks for the advice...im printing it out right now to look at...

i was goin 2 pm you anyways about some other questions i had...but that should wait a little bit...lol

thank for the advise

5. for advise, i would like to add you may want to purchase lights, soils and ferts at different locations. walking up to the counter with all 3 would make me wonder what you were up to :smoking:

6. thanks...i did not really think about that...lol

7. with what vokal said about home depot
    7.95 cent for SHop lights(4 foot) no wireing just plug and play.
    ohh get the DAYLIGHT BULBS THEY WORK OHH SO NICE complaments(sp) of my friend GONNA GROW if you read his journal it will show you the box for the lights.
    i put my new grow room together for like 50 bucks
    lights FLURO tubes, Surge, Hygrometer, fan, chain, eyehooks, plywood. BECOME A BARGIN SHOPER.(go check out the first pic in my grow journal that is all the stuff i bought, during the grow i went back to HD and got some more lights but yeah)

a small piece of advice/ trying to be a mentor.
    (yeah i dont know)
    -lex

8. Np man...Yeah as Dread said don't go get it all at once, I've grabbed my stuff over time so it doesn't look to odd but i don't think if you were to get soil and ferts at the same time it wouldn't be a problem...glad to hear i could be of some help!

9. Hows it Killa I want an update on the grow room construction. The others have given you a shopping list now make a schedule and stick to it is my advice. I smoke and sometimes get real lazy(phuk it affects my grow now that I have the shite) anyway do it. We have a saying here in the south states "Get'er Done"
    Piney