Kilauea eruption pics

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ajroxit, May 22, 2018.

1. From my backyard. I was doing some hard work, heard a boom and some rumbling, then this... 20180515_092224.jpg 20180515_103736.jpg 20180515_103937.jpg 20180515_103945.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. That's awesome. I've been blowing my mind with watching 4k/HD videos that people post on youtube. Kinda jealous that you got to see and hear that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was wondering how close you were. Fairly safe distance!?

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
  4. 12 miles from halema'uma'u crater. (Hall-ley-maw-oo-maw-oo). We are at a really safe place. The wind has to blow just right for vog and ash to hit us. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Trade winds blow everything away from us (mountain view hi.). Boulders will only fly about 2 miles give or take. It rains ALL the time so we should be ok. People in pahoa are getting hammered...

• Like Like x 3
  5. I wonder... just was thinking..
    People have sold snow from giant blizzards on ebay....
    Go trap some methane seeping from the ground in a jar and sell it on ebay.
    Better yet, just fart in a jar and sell it, call it a day. :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  6. How about I get pieces of the lava and once it cools we could sell it. Then, when they get cursed from the evil tiki mojo, we blackmail the fuck out out of them to take it back. We could literally make tens of dollars. A piece...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The fountaining lave shooting 300 to 500 feet in the air is ridiculous. We are about 18 miles from pahoa and the south eastern rift zone where all of the lava flows are happening. It looks freaking surreal at night over there. Red glow of hell.

8. At the time I dropped my machete and gave serious thought to getting the fuck outta dodge. I had no clue what to even expect. That cloud of ash and steam hit about 11k feet up in the atmosphere. I'm at 1800 foot elevation for reference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. How does one end up in paradise like this I been thinking going to dominican republic like caribbean island as I was there for vacation and found I can get most exotic foods right from the sea and the taste is great makes you forget about any frozen products in usa or canada lols.

10. But that would taint an honest Internet?

J

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ha! I said “taint”... lol

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. My wife and I looked for several years for the right place. While looking we got our credit squared away and bills paid off. Got our approval letter for a home loan. When the right place was available we jumped and made a bid site unseen.

VA zero down home loan helped. Being a disabled vet gets us nearly zero property tax (100$ every six months) so it knocked about 20% off of the top of the mortgage payments. We are retired and I keep the place up myself as much as possible. We grow veggies and some of the best ganja on the planet comes out of puna district.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Yeah things take time to acquire like that but look very beautiful in the pictures, do you get those giant coconut crabs there those are crazy.

14. Pretty simple, really - and there is only one basic answer:

Just do it.

J

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. 12 miles or so from the eruption. We are north east of halema'uma'u crater and the way the trade winds blow consistantly we are clear of ash and vog. All that crazy fountaining lava is happening in the south eastern rift zone which is about 18 miles to the south east. Again the trade winds keep us safe. Fissures cracking open, lava pouring out, shooting in the air hundreds of feet. Pahoa is getting pounded, homes burned, poison gas, middle of the night evacuations. These are people who dont have much so the emergency shelters and parking lots are full of people. I'll see if I can find some good links to pics and video. I'm on mobile because the power went out so it might be a bit lol...

16. I remember when Harvey was coming I stocked up on weed, food and water and was going to sit in front of the tv and watch it. never thought I would be in the middle of it and end up loosing everything I had. enjoy ur perspective until reality ruins it for you. I don't think I would look at these kinds of things like I used to ever again. it does look a lot cooler then water. lol I wonder if a hurricane came and hit that volcano, who would win?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I think it's reasonable to be able to enjoy the wonders of nature even if they are destructive to folks who reside in nature's predictable paths of domination. But ya, I hear you.

This morning I was wondering what it'd be like to hose down a lava flow with a firehose. Probably the kind of activity that'd earn me a Darwin Award.

• Like Like x 2
  18. please do it and video it. lol I think it would be so cool to see and I would do it if I could

yea, after thinking about it, I think it was stupid to move somewhere that was flooded before. but it was CHEAP, didn't have anywhere else to go, and only going to be for a couple years who would have thought that it would flood two years in a row?

I was reading today about the blue flames and I thought that was pretty cool. you can learn a lot about science.

• Like Like x 2