Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by adeiladwyd, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I'm a bit confused about kief.. are you supposed to use regular bud and just sift through it? Does this detract from the potency of the bud, because I don't want to go through my stash by making kief and not be able to smoke the bud? Can I use stems to make kief?

2. Yes, you can sift it, yes it will remove some potency from the actual bud, but dude, I did Kief and it is very intense, just use a bit of weed to make a small amount of kief, then miss that weed with the un-sifted one, roll a J or pack a bowl, and blaze away. Kief is the most intense stuff I ever tried, concerning MJ.

Elend.

3. Kief is just the pure trichomes off the buds, leaves, stems.... A lot of people have those 2 or 3 compartment metal grinders that leave the keif on the bottom after crushing and grinding the buds too say roll a joint... Problem is that.. After doing all this damage to the bud you have hurt most the trichomes(kief) that even sprinkling it back on your weed has left you with say more damaged bud than leaving it and breaking it down with your fingers and rolling a joint or just smoking a bowl or vape

4. Just use a grinder with a keif tray. I find that it will make minimal difference on the potency of your bud since it collects in such minute ammounts. This way you don't have to sift through it, just let it collect through your grinding process.

Yes you can collect kief from stems and leaves. Collect them in a jar. Here's how to do it (sorry, don't know how to make link appear as text): http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...es-homemade-hash-step-step-pictorials-12.html

5. How can you "hurt" the trichromes, sorry dude, but if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post such non-sense.

Grinding and everything will only REMOVE a bit of the trichromes, that are in NO WAY altered or less potent. Sprinkling it back on the weed will do exactly the same as if you smoked the bud straight up.

Elend.

6. Even touching the buds with your fingers after harvest and cure still damages trichs sorry bro but that is that..

7. A damaged trich will still have the same THC content. It's like how a pizza is still the same ammount of food, even if it has been sliced.

8. Exactly! :smoke:

9. Word. :smoke: