Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kief press question.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by frank drebin, Oct 15, 2010.

1. #1 frank drebin, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    I just put all my kief into a press and have it sitting on my ballast. Im wanting heat right now yeah ?
    How long do i leave it there ? Ive seen anything from 8 to 24hrs.

Also, while im here i may as well ask... Is there any tricks to cleaning a grinder ? Its starting to get gunk'd up and tough to twist. Can i leave it overnight in something , like alcohol cola or something ?:confused:

Thanks.

2. #2 frank drebin, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    48 views and not one can suggest how long i leave it pressed ?

Fantastic.

Forget it.

I mean come on, theres a guy on this board asking what he can use as a fucking roach and hes got a few replies.

Wtf.

3. Heres a reply man.
    Can't answer you question but hey I thought they didn't even need to be heated when using a proper pollen (keif) press.

4. Welcome to Grasscity.

But seriously, i've only partaken in one dry sift press.

We put it in a big plastic turkey bag, and submerged it in hot tap water. It worked alright, but i'm sure theres better (or maybe it was the press itself). I forget how long we kept it there. At least 20 minutes.

5. #5 frank drebin, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    Cheers guys.

That worked ? Excellent, would never have thought of that in a million years.
    Iv read of a few techniques, pressing it with an iron too seems popular.

I dunno if i needed it on the ballast or not, or if like you say lebowski, if it was just the press doin all the work.... but i think heat must do somthing, either way its worked. After 12 hours on my ballast...Iv got about just under a g of hawaiian snow keif :smoke:

Photo0226.jpg

Just need to decide the best way to consume this shit now lol.

6. :hello:

Whatever you do, use fire.

Good luck sir.

7. haha. Can do !

8. Also make some qwiso hash with the gunk in your grinder.
    Just throw the parts of your grinder in a ziplock with alcohol and shake it and then make qwiso.

9. Thanks mate. Il look into that. ;)