Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kief mythbusters

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by All_Things_Heavy, Jan 2, 2015.

1. So I've heard people just shootin the shit in the past and I remember them talking about you being able to do more with kief than just sprinkle the goodies on top of a bowl. I don't know if all of these statements are true but I would like to know what all is possible to make out of kief

I've heard you can use it to make hash
    I've heard you can use it to make edibles

Are these statements true ? If so how easy is it to make/bake?

Cheers

2. in a sense kief is hash, there a few methods where you can collect the kief and compress it, edibles im sure you can though i dont know how.

3. Thanks Doc

4. Yes, kief is hash for the most part. It is just concentrated THC as long as it was collected with as little plant material as possible. It can be compressed using a small hand press that turns it into little hockey puck shaped blocks of hash. Most head shops sell these as long as they aren't some cheap gas station head shop.

You can cook with it just fine but you will have to have a decent quantity of it to work with. The food will likely end up being really potent depending on how much you use so be careful haha.

5. Thank you everyone great info so far, defiantly gonna give the pencil trick a try, that is genius

6. Congratulations! Your post has made into the NGCMBL thread!

Yes hash is made from kief. Kief is basically dry hash.
    Kief makes one hell of an edible.
    You can also make oil and tinctures from kief.

7. What is the pencil trick?

8. Lmao what is the ngcmbl and this http://beyondchronic.com/2012/02/how-to-make-kief-press/

9. NGCMBL= New GC members be like....  It's a thread for newbie noobs that do not have a clue as to what the marijuana counter culture is all about. We old timers laugh at the rediculous questions. We have gall (especially me), because we have asked those questions ourselves when first starting out. Today, I ask rocket science questions that have to do with hydroponics and air stones. But the basic simple stuff we laugh at. Go read the stuff that we blades have posted in that thread. You might get a giggle out of it yourself. Good luck and have fun!

BTW I did not know about the pencil trick. Thanks for the link! 

10. I just made some awesome Keef infused Honey !!! 1 gram per liquid ounce of honey, I added 20 percent water to the honey because honey is 18% of water anyways just so it doesn't come thick. One teaspoon full & cancel your plans for the day lol