Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief decarb..

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PeachWeedz, Feb 14, 2019.

1. #1 PeachWeedz, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    I apologize if this is a stupid question but I’m very new to making capsules. I tried making with kief for the first time yesterday. I used the same decarb method as for weed 240 for 40min - is that ok or? Thank you in advance. @BrassNwood

2. You bet,well done,
    Carry on.:D

• Like Like x 2
  3. I might have ruined the batch cause I took 8 and barley felt anything lol when it was decarbing the temp shot up high at one point and I think burned some of my Material. Might try covering it next time

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Temperatures shot up high at one point? You may need to test temps with an oven thermometer (few bucks).Temps shouldn't be spiking unless you are futzing with the temps :)

5. 240 F for 40 is what I use time after time. 115 Celsius.

[​IMG]

I roast 30 grams at a time and it'll finish much darker then this. Medium brown.

My sure fire recipe is

5 grams Kief, Hash, Powdered Bud, Any concentrate. Decarbed
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Fills 30 (0) capsules @ 150mg each.
    [​IMG]
    I take one a day every day for pain and it leaves me stoned 24-7. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. How strong were your capsules?

7. I do use one and watch it. It spiked up for some reason to 300 and my material started smoking

8. I was using your recipe

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I've made this recipe twice now, and absolutely love the results! Super potent oil. I start friends that are heavy edible users to start out with 1/8tsp and go from there. We usually enjoy it in coffee. Just for reference, I'd normally add 3tbsp of regular coconut oil made from flower to my coffee. With this stuff, 1/2tsp and I'm good all day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I thought you might be. :)
    An oven thermomotor from the supermarket gadget isle is what most of us use to be a bit more accurate then the 50 degree swing most home ovens can be.

Your setting of 240 F on the ovens dial can have a peak of over 300 and a low of 190 as the stove cycles.
    My toaster over runs 20-30 degrees colder then the dial setting. Our house stove runs about that much hotter then the dial reads. Helps if you turn the oven on for 30-45 minutes before starting your work to give the oven time to better stabilize.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’m using a toaster oven as I found the actual oven didn’t stay at one temp. But I will pre warm it forsure thank you

• Like Like x 1