Kid's Lakeside Garden Adventure

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by aKidYouWanaKnow, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hello one and all! I am beginning this grow journal to share my experiences as an outdoor grower, and marijuana enthusiast. I am going to post how I am growing my plants, how they are coming along, and I'll also post stories of all the high times I have with my buddies. I'm happy to have began this journal today, because I just began my grow op yesterday. If you feel like keeping up with my journal, that would be bad ass. However, I won't take offense if you think I am a poor writer, or a poor grower, or a fuckhole. No worries, man. :smoke:

2. Damn, I just typed up so much stuff and then erased it by accident.

The location I chose for my garden is very tricky, and perhaps not the best spot for my first grow, but I think the pros outweigh the cons. Now, my grow is on the side of the lake. It is impossible to dock at this certain part of the lake, so I have no worries of DNR or drunk boat goers stumbling onto my crop. The only way to get to this part of the lake is to enter a gated community, and then walk down through the woods, and along the shore. My actually plants are probably 10 feet away from the shore, but are completely out of view because of the shrubbery. It is impossible to get to my crops late at night (past 11) because of a security guard that blocks the gate to the gated community. This is perfect to prevent my crops from being ripped. The tricky part about growing here, I presume, will be the fact that I have to have everything set up in advance before nightfall.
    Now that you know more about the area I am trying to grow in, I can tell you about how my crop is going so far. As of right now, I have all of my seeds in solo cups full of miracle grow soil. The solo cups have holes for drainage on the bottom. Tomorrow, I am going to lay crushed egg shells all around the solo cups to prevent bugs. I heard that this crushed egg shell idea works, but correct me if I am wrong. It is storming brutally right now. After work, I had to run shirtless and shoeless through the woods to cover my crop with plastic bags to prevent the seed from being moved around, or even removed from the cup from over watering. I cannot wait to see little trees sprout up, and for them to grow a little bit so I can quit treating them like such babies and worrying about them every second. :smoke:

3. Here is a very odd story that happened last night to me. Me and some of my buddies picked up an eighth from one of my friends smoking hot sister who has some dank bud. Me and one of my buddies, lets call him A, got an eighth, and my other buddy, T, got an eighth for himself as-well. We went back to T's house and smoked a bunch of joints and got baked as cake. T was getting bored being at his house, since he had been there all day, so we decided to go to A's house. Here is when things start to get very odd.
    At my job, part of my job is to donate huge bags of shredded paper produced at my office, to a local company who uses it. Well, I didn't have time to deliver all of the paper today, so when I got off work, I just loaded them up in my car to deliver the next day.
    Well, once we got to A's house, A and T were wanting to get all the shredded paper, and dump it in peoples yards that we know. I know, how childish. I graduated high school this year, and they did as-well. I never had fun in doing these sort of things, because of my conscious, but I went along with it anyways because they seemed so enthused. We each grabbed a bag of shredded paper and made the long trek to the people's houses we were going to sabotage. Once we got there, A and T began to empty out their bags into the peoples yards. I couldn't do it. It disgusted me to do something so destructive and childish to someones yard just for the sake of "lols". I just walked back all by myself, and left them their, vandalizing an innocent persons yard. I know this is not the most entertaining story, but I think it gives valuable insight into how my mind works, and how my ideologies function in my every day life.

That was last night, and it is still bugging me that we messed that persons yard up so hard. I am glad that I did not participate, and I feel like a much better person since I didn't. Does that make me a pussy?

oh, and here is a picture of Mila Kunis, because she is gorgeous.

[​IMG]

4. I like the story, way to stay true to yourself.

I often find myself in similar situations but don't always make the right decisions.

It is very difficult to maintain your own convictions and ideologies against a constant barrage of information from everything and everyone.

5. Ya, I was sort of surprised by my actions. I couldn't help it though. I would have done it if I could.. But I just felt like karma would hurt me so much more if I would have done it. I try and always keep good karma, and I really believe it helps. Thanks for the positive vibes, man. :smoke:

6. You could go back with a rake.

I know how that is, though. It's tough to be the bigger person, at times. Sometimes one gets caught up in the moment of lols and those actions beget regret. I am proud of you for doing what you knew to be right, regardless of what your friends did. Sounds like you are mature, and smart. +Rep, homie.

7. Thanks man! I guess I'm just getting too old for those sort of shenanigans :/ Really messed up my mind for the rest of that night. It was worth saying no to though. I woke up the next day feeling like a very good man. Ah, I am about to write out an update on my grow. sweet

8. June 23! The day that my grow officially begins in my mind, and when I start keeping track.

Well, today I planted a germinated seed (my fourth plant). I decided that my location wasn't receiving enough sunlight, so I moved my plants like 15 feet down the shore in a better spot. Ah, today I pissed in a bottle. Put the bottle in between all of my cups, and put a very large rubber band around it all to make sure they stay together. I am really hoping that some sprouts come up either tomorrow or the day after. I have also now found an awesome location to plant into the ground once my little guys are big enough. I have to get rid of all the shrubbery and shit on the ground to be able to dig the holes to plant. This new spot is next to impossible to find unless you are really looking for it, and it receives a good amount of sunlight. I'm really stoked.

Side note: This is the third day I have gone without a cigarette! WOO

9. #9 HaiGai, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Pics?

10. #10 HaiGai, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What's with the piss and such? Lol.

11. Since I am not sprouting inside, they are going to be wee little babes out in the wild. Lots of rabits and deer in this location, and piss scares them off.

12. I'll take some pictures later. I feel sketchy taking pics, and I only had my iPhone with me.. And I didn't want to take pictures of my grow with my phone :/ I'll try and get some soon though.

13. Double post. Derp

14. So! I have some big news. Today, I was going to check on my crops, because honestly, I thought they were dead as shit. They weren't! Even though I neglected them a couple days and there were three huge storms back to back, my little guys totally survived. I think two of them are being hurt by overwatering though, because they are sagging and brown a little and shit. I know it isn't nute burn, because I haven't given them nutes yet (they are too young). I'll take some pictures of them later, but all I had with my was my iPhone, and I don't want to take pictures of my crop with that haha