Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BigDaddyD, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Well GC I just got back from almost a 8 hour stay at the hospital for thinking my appendix was inflamed, and you all will be able to hear this wonderful, painful tale! :hello:

It all started this morning and waking up for the first time in 2 weeks feeling completely 100% better from being sick. Last week I had a stomach virus(and learned first hand this wonderful plant is a life saver! :smoking:) and after a day of feeling well, attained a respiratory inflammation with my sternum in my chest which also came with one of the worst colds I ever had in my life. But back to today, I hopped into the shower thinking of how my first day of being better will go and that is when I felt like I was stabbed in my stomach.

I doubled over in pain and yelled, my brother heard me from downstairs. It came so suddenly I thought it was a really bad muscle cramp, unfortunately it wasn't since it continued to put me in pain for a good 3 hours until my doctors office opened up. In this time I researched what exactly is hurting inside me, exactly where my appendix was. I went on in as soon as I could, still in pain and he checked me out. After telling him everything he told me it might be appendicitis and to get a CAT Scan at the hospital. :(

After a long drive through flooded streets and checking in I got an IV and had to drink 800mL of some liquid(just like water) for my CAT Scan. I also got some pain meds injected into me(not sure what, started with a T I think) which helped the pain decrease rapidly. When that was gone it moved on over to my right kidney and so they made me pee in a cup. With all the tests coming back(after the 8 hours of waiting), turns out that it is not appendicitis because it wasn't in the CAT Scan and my white blood cell count was fine. The only other ruling was that I formed kidney stones.

The pain is pretty bad for me..the hospital prescribed me an Oxycodone substitute for Percocet, and since today my lungs are finally cleared up and I can breath easily I can smoke a bit :hippie:

What really sucks is that it's been in hour into taking the Perc and I've been smoking a lot and the pain hasn't dwindled at all :mad:

Well that was my day, just thought I would share..sorry if it's too long and stuff, I tend to ramble too much when I'm fucked up:D

2. that sucks man, hope you feel better. I hope I never get kidney stones and I feel really bad for you when you have to pass them :bolt::(

3. Did they give you a strainer to pee through to catch the stone? Its important that you save that sucker for the uriologist so s/he knows what type it is. Assuming they refered you to a uriologist?

4. fuck...

well if i run or something for a minute my sides start hurting me, like beside my stomach...
    but they only hurt for a little while..

i hope i dont have a kidney stone in the making :(

5. Dude i hate kidney stones i hope i never get em. Peein out a rock dont sound like fun o_O

6. haha I think those are just cramps, no need to worry.

7. Wait your kidneys are stoned?

8. ROFL not stoned but stones.

9. Kidney stone=bad. Don't think of it as a rock, think ultra sharp crystal or a jack like we had as kids with the ball you bounce and see how many jack's you can pick up...ouch.
    Percoset is like candy to that kinda pain, I think the only think that would help script wise would be oxycontin...GL getting that though. Get some quality herb and get so stoned you forget what hurt means:)

10. So your pain was in the front not in your back? Generally kidney stones result in severe flank pain and lower back pain. Did they say that your urinalysis showed blood in the urine? Did they also do abdominal xrays?

It sux that they first thought appy because the oral contrast (stuff you drank) covers up your kidneys and ureters so they wouldn't get a conclusive look at it.

Make sure you're drinking a lot of water as I'm sure they told you to. If they referred you to a Urologist, he may have you go back and get another CT done without oral contrast just to make sure it is kidney stones

11. Update after 2 days..

Well the Oxycodones are working wonderfully :D especially when mixed with some of this great new herb I just picked up :smoke:

I also found a home remedy online with good reviews and stuff to try and get the stone to pass without pain(basically dissolves the stone)

This day has been hell for me...once I woke up I had to drink 6 cans of Coca-Cola, which the acid would dissolve the stone. All within 2 hours, then I had to puree 8 oz of Asparagus :( and eat it. And after that I just have been drinking water constantly since, I feel like I'm bout to puke and my bladder is beyond full, but I can't pee.

I think the stone has moved definitely because the pain in my right kidney is virtually gone, minus a bit of soreness now and then..now my lower stomach/bladder area is just really uncomfortable.

Hopefully this remedy works so it'll just be white goo :p and won't hurt

Oh and just something I have to throw out there -- After 3 mornings of no "self pleasure" I successfully overcame my fears this morning and I can say, Yes you can jerk off with kidney stones...but the orgasm really wasn't that pleasurable this time :( it was more of...oh it just happened...fuck:confused:

12. I wish those online stone dissolving remedies worked, but they don't. :(They do make you drink enough fluid to help move that sucker along, though.
    If you're not able to pee, do get back to the ER ASAP
    Given your description of the lower abdominal pain, you may have gotten a UTI. On top of everything else.
    Urinary Tract Infections in Adults

13. So I should prob go to a Urologist?

14. oxycodon is PERCOCET

15. That would be a really good idea.