Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kidney Problems and Diabetes

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SammySess, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Hey guys. Been a T1 diabetic for 19 years, im 26 now. Ive recently developed kidney problems (still in the process of finding out exactly what it is, waiting for blood results today, could be kidney stones, kidney infection, and i hope to god its not kidney disease.)

Ive just been constantly feeling intense nausea since a week ago, with throbbing pains where my kidneys are. I wake up sick as a dog but eases out into something more manageable after i flush my system with water and herbal tea.

I was smoking to get rid of the nausea but im guessing smoking at this point isnt very helpful. I started making edibles (medicated coconut oil) and wow what a difference it makes in how i feel. The nausea is diminished greatly although i do still feel it in the background.

It just makes me wish cannabis was legal here. I want access to organic cannabis, access to information on how it was grown, etc. Im tired of the UK being stuck in the stone ages.

Its a shame because although the edibles seem to make me feel better im just not sure what else went into the bud that i could be consuming that might be harsh on my kidneys. It would be amazing to have this medically available.

I got into this position with my kidneys because of neglecting my diabetes. Smoking, drinking, etc. If only I could rewind time I would have stuck to edibles and never drank alcohol. It really is a silent killer its not like there were any pre warning signs that my kidneys were in trouble I just woke up one morning sick as hell.

Anyone know of how one can help in the UK to push for medical cannabis?

Thanks

2. Well as far as laws changing that's just a matter of time I guess. I'm a type 1 diabetic too for a few years my doctor has said I've been doing a good job with it. It sucks ass though. I don't drink since it's causes low blood sugar and I guess it's bad in other ways too or whatever but I don't see why you think smoking weed would be bad for your diabetes. Tobacco, sure although it's bad for anyone. But smoking weed isn't going to affect a diabetic any differently especially not your kidneys. Unless you meant tobacco then I'm not sure.

Anyway, I hope things work out man.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ive been looking online apparently if the cannabis is not grown organically and youre smoking it, it could be harmful to your kidneys because of all the chemical fertilizers etc.

If anyone has further information on cannabis and kidneys that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

4. I did not know alcohol caused low blood sugar. I always thought it raised it. I'm type 2 and my livers shot anyway. Just curious?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. That's what my doctor told me, I think it actually raises it at first and then lowers it after a little while. In my experience this has seemed to be the case. I wish I could explain how/why it happens but I really don't know and honestly I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Better to smoke the ganja anyway:)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Get yourself a vape.
    Send for some seeds.
    Grow your own.
    Then you know what is in it and you can cure it properly instead of that dispensary garbage.