Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kidney Cancer

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by DarthCannabis, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,
    I have been lurking around these boards the last few months. But this is the first time I have posted anything. In any case, I am going in to get checked out for Kidney cancer today. Unfortunately, I am displaying all of the symptoms. So that sucks. But whatever...I was wondering if anyone knows a good strain for cancers in general (indica is probably a good starting point) and if anyone knows of any strains specifically for kidney cancer.

I appreciate the help!

2. Welcome to GC man. Don't think on the negative side broski. You'll be fine. Yeah, Indica would probably be the best.

3. I agree, indicas! But not necessarily the top of the line stoner variety! CBD is also a potent cancer killer. CBD, if you didn't know, is cannabidiol, a non-psychotrophic cannabinoid (won't get you high).

A cannabis plant makes a precursor chemical, that, according to the plant's genetics, can be turned into either THC, or CBD, or a mixture of the two. Our "high class" pot is bred just for THC. CBD is only a tiny fraction in most pot, but cheaper, less potent strains have a fair chance of being higher in CBD. :) In this case, cheap is good! :D

I can't find any studies on kidney cancers and cannabis, sorry! These might be interesting, though.... CBD seems to slow the spread of several types of cancers. Hopefully, if you have cancer (I hope you don't!), it will be of a type that can be slowed by CBD!

Cannabidiol inhibits tumour growth in leukaemia and breast cancer
    (news - 2006)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Marijuana Compound Shows Promise In Fighting Breast Cancer (news - 2007)
    Marijuana Compound Shows Promise In Fighting Breast Cancer

Cannabis compound cannabidiol CBD 'halts cancer' & may bring relive to other illness's (news - 2007)
    BBC NEWS | Health | Cannabis compound 'halts cancer'

Inhibition of Breast Cancer Aggressiveness by Cannabidiol (abst - 2008)
    Research Page: Inhibition of Breast Cancer Aggressiveness by Cannabidiol

If it does turn out to be cancer, run a search for "Run From the Cure". Wish I could do more for you hon!

Granny :wave:

4. I have a new patient who has Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma.  This form of Kidney cancer is treatable for this patient with drugs such as lyta (axitinib).  This patient has lost part of a lung due to this disease and has a tumor.  The thing with this is that he is over 50 and still strong.  He explained that with this disease and the medication he at times showes improvement and sometimes not so good.  The meds basically seem to be keeping the cancer in check to some degree. 

This patient is interested in a clean cannabis oil high in CBD and low in THC.  I can make high quality food grade oil I extract using 190proof Everclear grain alcohol.  This is ideal for many patients as I understand it. 

I learned that Medical Marijuana Doctors are not allowed by Federal law to advise a patient on dosage and that sort of thing.  In addition they are not allowed to recommend much of anything other than telling the patient that they need to continue all advice and medications they are getting from the patients oncologyst and/or doctor.  I suspect this will change when cannabis concentrates are available in the Drug Stores, I think I read that Michigan expects the RX's to be dispensing sometime in 2016.  Nevertheless, this leaves the patient with the responsibility of their own care.  I think, it is probably best for patients to follow their AMA doctors advice at this time.  I also think that the patient should let their doctor know that they are using cannabis to suppliment their treatment.  I think this is important.  The caregiver should be careful, we're talking life and death here. 

I also am concerned about caregivers who don't understand the medicinal values of Tetrahydrocannabino and the cannabinoids.  If a cancer patient came to me and asked what marijuana strain would best help them I would say Indica or Indica dominant, however, I would ask them if they are aware that smoking the marijuana is not good and I'd explain the reasons and I'd ask them if they know about Rick Simpson Oil and the effects it has had on cancer patients and I would recommend that they research it as there may be even more hope. 

I am not a doctor or an expert by no means, when it comes to helping those who have cancer or epilepsy, their doctors should be able to include cannabis in their treatment and provide appropriate care to adminster the cannabis dosage and monitoring and other things a doctor does to assure the patient has the best chance for survival.  I am starting to ramble, but where I am going with this is I am looking to find someone who has been helping someone with kidney cancer to share their experiences in this matter so I can get as much information as I can for the patient to make his own decisions on how he will administer his cannabis treatment along with his current care.

Thanks.

Thank you.