Kid Cudi

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by koalabears1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. this guy. hahahaha

hit it on the head. I wouldn't post in a thread about edm dj's. whatever the fuck that is. Must be too underground for me. I don't mind looking stupid on GC. It's a bunch of people I'll encounter once or twice OVER THE INTERNET. not a big deal. /rant

2. Everyone has a different opinion, you guys need to get the fuck over yourselves. Not everyone is going to like the same shit you do :rolleyes:

3. i like Kid Cudis music but i dont respect him

He quit smoking weed after he judged the cannabis cup and gave the worst excuse along the lines of "I judged the cannabis cup buds, ive reached the pinnacle so now i decided to quit"
    I also saw a video where it looked like he didnt even inhale

Other than that i like his music and as an artist he is pretty good

4. I agree I'm a fan of him before the guitar but I do have some hope for him in the future. I heard he released a good new song today haven't listened but I need to soon.

5. It's fine if people don't like the same thing, but when you come in here and act like you're the only person that knows music and insult the stuff other people like, that's a problem.

I don't like the fact that he quit smoking either, but it was more than that (according to him). He's worried about taking care of his daughter and getting his business affairs in order. Honestly, I think he'll start smoking again soon, because his music will probably be terrible without it.

6. #26 BUDDAMUNK, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    People on this very site have kids and still smoke like chimneys.

Sounds like he just couldn't handle his shit, no self control. He can have a smoke every now and still take care of his family. It's the same as coming home and having a brew.

The only reason I care is because his music was a lot better when he was smoking weed.

7. His older stuff was much better.
    Don't like his 2011 stuff at all.

8. Man on the Moon Two is my favorite album all time...everything he says on that CD is just amazing, and the first time I heard it, related to my life on point...

He sucks live, but all his mixtapes and albums are amazing...

Dat New New was a mixtape song, but it probably could have been an album banger for sure...

9. Cudi's gotten me through some hard times too. I don't like to listen to a lot of the songs on The Man on the Moon II anymore because it just brings me back to these few months in high school where I was going through a bit of a rough patch in my life and all I would listen to pretty much was that album. Now a lot of the songs put my stomach in knots when I hear them :(

10. Damn, that album does just the opposite for me....

11. :confused_2: I'm weird.

12. I understand though, thats the funny (and great) thing about music, it relates to times in life, sometimes it relates to bad times, and other great times!

13. Very true!!

14. yeah he's apparently in a rock band right now making a CD. i mean good for him.. but no one wants to listen to a rock band when the guitarist ain't even been playing a year. and i can guarantee you if it doesn't suck cudi just got taught all the riffs and didn't do it himself.

15. I DON'T GIVE A FUCKKKKKK I was listening to cudi all day at work.. blazed out of my mind jammin to cudi is pure bliss

16. But he is sooo fucking awesome though.

17. You know what helps getting through a rough patch better than Kid Cudi?

Jack Daniels.

18. ^ disagree

good music and a nicely rolled j is my cure-all...cant be beat imo!

and "a kid named cudi" is some of his illest work I think.

19. He was tight with his first stuff but justgone downhill since. I don't like him anymore but still enjoy his original songs. N fuck his gay ima hipster bs

20. He is terrible now. It's like he puts out music just to put it out. MotM was such a great album. Every song was atleast an 7.5/10. I could listen to it without skipping any songs before I finish the album. His mixtapes were pretty good too.

Then he released his 2nd album which was alright. It ha a couple good tracks. Overall it was like a 6/10. It felt rushed. NOW his music is crap. 2011 has been a bad year with music for him.

Oh well, as we talk a young rapper is slowly rising from the grave....Asher Roth. He is so raw, but somehow died. Haha and he has worked with cudi on tour btw. Well, it's good to see he's coming back to life.