KiD CuDi - The Man on the Moon = the Dark Side of the Moon of hip hop?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PinkFloydrulez, Oct 3, 2009.

1. I saw an amazon reviewer say this and while I don't necessarily agree I was wondering what people would think of this. I'm not too familiar with the album yet but it's been pretty good to me so far. I dig it.

and for those who just want to talk about the album and came in here just because of Cudi being in the title, feel free to do so. Up Up & Away is probably my fav track so far

2. hell no

the beats are incredibly dope, but his half-ass singing and rapping ruins it for me

3. no way.

Dark side of the moon was a classic, no one could possibly consider Kid CuDi's album a "classic"

4. Maybe he just said that because its a concept album also, but there is no way in hell that it can be compared to DSOTM's greatness.

5. thats pretty disrespectful.. to hip hop and all. he has some skill, not the best at all, but hes decent. pink floyd was great for there time, and had some serious skill. there music was bomb.

his, is just the story of some average stoner, drags notes on, and has some sick beats.

6. Wow. I sure hope not!