kicked out of class

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nick04, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Alright well in my government class we were doing a project about how bills are made and our assignment was to come up with our own law we would like to make. I of course choose to "legalize marijuana". The teacher was calling on students to see what they were doing for their project and he happened to call on me. I said that I would like to have marijuana legalized, and his response was "You need to go outside." I walked out of the classroom with all the students laughing at me, and now everyone calls me a stoner. my school sucks.

2. you live in oregon and kids make fun of you for being a stoner?
    what?

3. i chose that as my presentation speech and my English teacher let me my senior year he thought it was good

4. Yea thats pretty dumb of them, but i guess you were supposed to think of a law, not abolish one;) lol

5. my school is about 40% stoners, but that class had all the preppy kids :(

6. tell them to gargle on your testicles

7. Some government class, your fundamental right to free speech is one of the underpinnings of our constitution! Unfortunate in deed. Maybe you should chose to seek tobacco reform,,IE Criminalise possession of small amounts of tobacco by adding it to the schedule 1 list...drugs with no medical value and a poses danger to society!

8. why do you care what they think? :confused:

9. it's times like these i just think of that choking victim song, crack city rockers
    danananananananana kill the kids at schooooool

10. Hmm, I've been pretty vocal about drug legalization in any of my relevant classes, and other than disagreeing, no one's given me any trouble. Of course, where I live, teachers are just happy to see a kid that thinks at all.

Talk to someone higher on the totem pole about this. There's nothing stopping you from at least calling it into question, and it might put enough pressure on the teacher to let you do the project.

11. That wasn't dumb man, that was a great move! People don't talk enough about marijuana in society, and in particular the marijuana prohibition.

When you first bring up the topic you're going to meet with some resistance but just get your message across, the prohibition harms everyone in society and benefits no one except organized crime and law enforcement. The issue isn't about marijuana and getting high, it's about the prohibition and the harm it causes.

Over the last few days I've been arguing the same thing online with some die-hard prohibitionist. I took the position of a nonuser wanting to end the prohibition so he couldn't just dismiss me as a "pothead", it seems to have worked really well too. You can read the thread here, its about 8 pages long now and still continuing, I've been posting as "Nonsmoker": http://www.topix.net/forum/source/eureka-times-standard/TE12BI6886216U242#comments

12. haha all the kids and teachers at my school already know im a huge stoner....mainly because im usually high and have tye-dye or drugs related shirts on :smoking:

13. If I were you I would go see that teacher before/after class or during office hours. You need to tell him/her how ignorant they are, and that you will not tolerate their bigotry, especially when you complied with their assignment and did what you were told. You also need to make a point of how that teacher works in the education system and is participating in the art of fear-mongering and miseducation.

Of course you need to do all of that in a respectful manner so that you come out looking good, and not like a dumb stoner that the teacher thinks you are.

Good luck.

14. I'm glad there are more people like me in society. We need to stand up and let people see that mj isn't so bad, most people wouldn't attempt to do a project on this because the stigma attached to mj and because everyone would change the way they look at you. I think u should talk to a counselor or the principal and see if you can do something so they stop oppressing your ideas and telling you what you can and can't write about, did the teacher give you a few certain topics or did the teacher just say write about any law? To kick you out of class is far from the right action to take in this situation, you were deprived of your education for that class period and that's not right. Hope you can get that resolved and the preppy kids will realize most of the things you hear about mj are lies.

15. haha man same thing happend to me! but it was me and one other kid. and the whole class went silent. haha

16. Last year, I gave a research report on drug legalization for world cultures, and every complimented me on how thorough and good it was, even the teacher and people who solidly disagreed with me.
    If you think you can pull it off, do the assignment anyways, and make it absolutely kick ass, we'll help you here.

17. I did a paper like that in my History class and the teacher gave me a thumbs up and said she wrote about the same thing when she was young it made my day when she said it.

18. Man I started reading some of that. And "Voice of Reason" along with some others just frustrated me so much with their ignorance. Just reading it. I admire your patience with those fools, man.

19. Fuck em who cares what they think, and your teacher has no right to kick you out of class or anything like that, I say you do something about this cause hes probably not gonna let you do your assignment on that but if thats what you wanna do he has to let you its not hurting anybody or anything like that.

20. My junior year of High School I had speech class and we had to do a big researched speech for our final. the teacher said "Anyone who does any speech relating to marijuana will fail, no acceptions." I wasn't into drugs at this point, but I hated that fucking teacher, so my speech was on legalizing hemp, for industrial uses. I failed, but fuck him, I don't care.