Kettle curve

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by glassuseonly, Jan 27, 2012.

1. #1 glassuseonly, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2012
    Just bought one from a glassblower out in WA. Don't have it yet, but just wanted to see if any blades have used one and what you think about them. I used to prefer a skillet, but lately I have only been using a drop down dome and really like it.

The kettle seems like the best of both worlds, what do you think?

Here is a pic of the one I bought. http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j456/Finnglass/IMG_1106.jpg

2. I saw the nuggetry crew using one in a few videos, it looks pretty badass. You should definitely write a review once you get it

3. is that a dosa? looks nice and clean, i like how you can't miss a dunk on them.

4. I was gonna get a dome but that's sick. Let us know how you like it, does seem like the best of both

5. Looks bad ass I actually almost got one myself yesterday but I'm gonna get another skillet instead.

It kinda looks like some of the smoke can come out of the top, probably not though

6. I will def update you guys on how it works and if I prefer it to my other setups. I have an HMK curve and my karma scene tube came with a drop dome which I really like and a curve that I am going to try and wrap myself this weekend (wish me luck) I didn't really need this kettle curve, but I got a great deal on it so I decided to snap it and give it a try.

It's not a Dosa, I wish. Those are hard to come by and PRICEY. It's by a Washington state artist named Finn. Seems like a cool dude and is really turning out some sweet rigs. I'll post a pic of his lately rig that he has for sale on BM when I get on my computer. It's awesome!

7. i really want one of these curves

8. [quote name='"glassuseonly"']I will def update you guys on how it works and if I prefer it to my other setups. I have an HMK curve and my karma scene tube came with a drop dome which I really like and a curve that I am going to try and wrap myself this weekend (wish me luck) I didn't really need this kettle curve, but I got a great deal on it so I decided to snap it and give it a try.

It's not a Dosa, I wish. Those are hard to come by and PRICEY. It's by a Washington state artist named Finn. Seems like a cool dude and is really turning out some sweet rigs. I'll post a pic of his lately rig that he has for sale on BM when I get on my computer. It's awesome![/quote]

So do you have a update? I've been curious

9. I love kettle curves. I don't understand why no one uses them. I was never really a fan of nails with a dome, and this just makes the skillet so much more convenient. In my use, I haven't met someone who's used the kettle and wanted to go back to something else, but that might just be my group of friends...Who knows.

10. where can i get one?

11. **UPDATE**

The kettle curve is a great little curve. Definitely my main way of smoking oil.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see its been getting quite a bit of use. Everyone that uses is really enjoys how easy it is to use. The only complaint that I have is that it really swirls the smoke when hitting it, which looks REALLY cool, but it claims up FAST! I think it's because the extra contact with the glass bc of the swirling. O well, not really that big of a deal. With the right pull, no vapor is ever lost. I have had smoke come out the bottom and be re-inhaled through the top. Really cool effect.

I purchase this one from Finn, out of WA. Unfortunately he is in Ecuador now. The mothership came up with the idea and dosa and sleeping make some cool ones. Also a blower named sevenout is producing them as well. But these are HIGHLY recommended on my part.

12. [quote name='"glassuseonly"']**UPDATE**

The kettle curve is a great little curve. Definitely my main way of smoking oil.

As you can see its been getting quite a bit of use. Everyone that uses is really enjoys how easy it is to use. The only complaint that I have is that it really swirls the smoke when hitting it, which looks REALLY cool, but it claims up FAST! I think it's because the extra contact with the glass bc of the swirling. O well, not really that big of a deal. With the right pull, no vapor is ever lost. I have had smoke come out the bottom and be re-inhaled through the top. Really cool effect.

I purchase this one from Finn, out of WA. Unfortunately he is in Ecuador now. The mothership came up with the idea and dosa and sleeping make some cool ones. Also a blower named sevenout is producing them as well. But these are HIGHLY recommended on my part.[/quote]

Another pic of it on my philpot.
    [​IMG]

13. That kettle is probly sweeeet on that philpot. You should look up the honeypot I think its called. It's like a little dish that flips into the dome. It's pretty crazy.