Kentucky

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by TheNightGoes90, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Who will take over for crazed hobo Billy Gillispie?

2. John Calapari.

3. same thing happened to Billy G as happened to Matt Doherty at N.C. a few years ago, got in a program that expects wins and nothing else, couldn't handle the pressure, sent some good players packing, led North Carolina to their first losing season in over 20 years, then he got the boot, and people say "Matt who now"...yeah thats what happened to Billy G... and though they want Billy Donovan they are gonna get John Calapiri ...some of these programs throw so much money at the coaches and they expect returns on the $ so if you don't win, just say good-by cause your butt won't last after a losing season.

4. A good call, and the best possible choice. He hates Rick Pitino and Bruce Pearl. He's great with the media. He understands how big a deal the program is, unlike the dumb ass who preceded him.

Then there's this:

Potential Kentucky recruiting class for 2009:

#1 - John Wall
    #2 - Demarcus Cousins
    #3 - Xavier Henry
    #22 - Daniel Orton
    #32 - John Hood

Michigan's Fab Five (arguably the best recruiting class of all-time):

#1 - Chris Webber
    #5 - Juwan Howard
    #8 - Jalen Rose
    #18 - Jimmy King
    #48 - Ray Jackson

:smoking:

5. John Calipari can suck it....

Im from Memphis...

He had the chance to be a legend here, but noooo...he has to go to Kentucky :/

prick

back to mediocrity for us

6. Problem is Jakel, even at Memphis he would have never become a legend. He would have been known as a really great coach, nothing more. That is why he went to University of Kentucky, so he may become a legend in years to come. Kentucky makes legends, not Memphis basketball. sorry

memphis isnt anywhere near the lvl UK is on.

enjoy that easy ass conference USA schedule.

7. No man, I hate Memphis....Im a UNC fan. And yeah, you have no idea how big of a deal Coach Cal is around here. He already is a legend around here, and you gotta keep in mind when you talk about that 'weak cusa conference' this is the same team from that same conference that makes big bracket runs

My point is Coach Cal will never be a big deal no matter what he does there. They already have their coaching icons set forever. Unless he breaks a record for most ncaa championships with pregnant women players...he aint going to be a big deal in history

8. Haha if he wins even one championship while he's here he'll go down as a legend in Lexington. He's already the savior of our program and he hasn't coached a game yet. I go to UK and you have no idea how much this means to the kids that go to this school. UK is really and truly the Notre Dame of college basketball like coach cal said. He wouldnt have gotten legendary status at cusa memphis..sorry.

9. I used to go to University of Kentucky. Wildcat Basketball is a religion up there.

Incidentally at the college I attend now, my advisor's brother is a huge Memphis fan while his wife and her whole family are from Kentucky. The family gatherings are going to be insane haha.

10. Truth

11. He will be a legend at UK.

He'll be known as the coach who turned UK around, and put them back atop college basketball where they belong, and should be. Our program has had problems in the past with racism, probation, and recruiting violations, and now we got a coach who has some trouble in the past about recruiting violations. But ultimately, I think it will be a good fit and within 3 years, Kentucky will have NCAA TITLE #8

12. all the best kids in the nation are going to want to play for cal in kentucky. but i wonder how many one and done players he will attract. this will make for great kentucky louisville matches.