Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping weed fresh.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Macnub, May 13, 2011.

1. I've heard about using fruits such as orange peels, or grapefruit peels to help keep your weed moist and fresh, as well as storing it in an air tight jar. I was wondering if anyone has tried this but; I grow spearmint in my backyard.. out the ass.. it's seriously everywhere. Anyways, I was wondering if the spearmint leaves would have the same effect as the fruit peels, and if my weed would actually start tasting a little.. minty.

I would just go ahead and try it, but to me spearmint seems like its more of a dry plant, and wouldn't really contribute anything but a cover up smell to my stash. Thoughts?

2. [​IMG]
    If it's good enough for dispensaries it's good enough for me.
    /thread

3. I wouldn't use spearmint because it's very likely it will dry it out. I use a 1 inch lemon peel to the side in my jar and it keeps it moist an fresh. If smell is a factor put a few spearmint leaves on top or around on the OUTSIDE of the jar. Hope this helps.

4. Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    Smell isn't really a factor, I just think it would be pretty cool to smoke some spearmint tasting weed :D

5. I always use mason jars for storing bud, nothing else beats it. It's always fresh.

You can try smoking spearmint with your bud if you like a minty flavor.

6. I contemplated it once.. Meh, I don't see why not.