keeping stuff from former relationships

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by *c0rrupt, Dec 17, 2012.

1. is it weird to keep things (gifts, cards, etc) from former relationships?

i think it's pretty normal to preserve memories but i feel like if a girl saw that i still had things from other relationships, she might be offended or something

what do you blades think?

2. I dont think its weird but you're right another girl would be offended

3. i have plenty of things from past relationships... but not like cards and shit

just things... things you wouldnt guess came from a relationship... posters and shit lol

Im not going to throw something away because it reminds me of the past, and if a girl asks where it came from and gets angry i still have it, she can become the past too, its an object, i got it as a gift because i like it, not because i like her anymore... jeeze

4. I keep clothing sometimes. Like one of my exes left a really comfy sweatshirt in my car so I kept it. I know for a fact my exes have more of my stuff than I do of theirs.
    I'm not sentimental so I wouldn't keep things for that reason but I have a few books, dvds and stuff like that.

5. My ex gave gave/bought me a lot of stuff through our history. A lot of the sentimental shit like cards and pictures will go into a tote to never be opened for a long time.

As per the rest; I do feel kinda weird looking at my winter coat, ipod, and backpack he bought me sometimes, but fuck him.

If anyone ever asked me why I kept it, I hope they would understand. If not; maybe they're a little too imature to be in a relationship with me. Meh.

6. Depends on the person and their past relationships. Everyone I've ever dated has had things at their house (old gifts, pictures, etc) from old relationships. I was with the same girl for 8 years and married for 3 of them and then we separated. I got rid of a lot of things that remind me of her but still have a little shoe box with memories and notes that only bring back good memories.

7. nah i kept a birthday card my ex got me just for memories

i dont actually read it or anything

8. I didn't even keep my stuff from a former life.

Started from scratch after settling halfway across the globe, though I reckon if I dug through some of the boxes I left in my old man's basement there'd be quite a bit from past relationships. :confused_2:

9. I don't keep sentimental shit at all, just some family photos.

I do wish I had kept some souvenir panties though.

10. not weird at all. if you feel that whatever you're keeping won't hold you back from moving on, then give 'er. Personally, I've thrown out notes/pictures and things, but kept clothes and things that were bought as like bday presents and stuff.

11. I agree materialistic things (clothes, ipod, cd, etc) is no big deal. However, if your keeping shit like love letters.... Little weird in my opinion.

For the material things though. Just dont tell your new partner its from the old