Keeping People Out of Grow Tent

Discussion in 'Security' started by Mr. Peabody, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Hey everyone,

I just wanted to hear people's opinions as to how you keep someone out of a grow tent.
    I am worried that when family members visit and what not, they may be tempted to snoop. I don't see myself literally locking it lol so I figured I would ask you guys.
    Sure would be nice if they came with a lock :p

2. You could put luggage locks on the zipper tabs, or you could tell them it appears your pet monkey has contracted Ebola and must be quarantined. Both have worked for me.

• Like Like x 1

3. I like both ideas and I think that I will actually use the luggage locks.
    Thanks!

4. Even if family memebers just took a gander at your said tent... what if they ask? Will you say it's for camping?

5. I dunno...
    I'd have to think of something legitimate that they would believe.

6. If you hunt then tell them its a closet for your hunting clothes, and you keep them in there as not to get to much human scent on them. Just a quick idea.
    ~spacejerk234

7. or tell them its storage for kinky sex stuff, lol
    ~spacejerk234

8. If possible, just tell them the truth. That's what I was in a situation to do, so I did. The positive response(and converting a few) have been amazing.

9. Thanks guys! I will use your advise to the fullest :)

10. You could tell them you are keeping your neighbour's 18 year old daugther in there as your sex slave maybe?

11. Ya beat me to that one^ Keep a bunch of lab equipment outside of it and tell them its for your 'experiments'...

12. This is a joke, right? There's no way that other people will see a room with a big tent in it and then blindly accept any of these ridiculous explanations. The tent itself begs lots of questions, any excuse you come up will also beg lots of questions.

Don't let anybody see the tent, period.

13. Well how big is the tent? I used to have a tiny DR40, I think it was, for mothers, that my uncle came across by accident and he thought it was a suitcase/duffel bag. Granted it's not exactly 6' tall.

Toasty is right, don't ever let anyone see the tent. I'd just keep the room the tent is in locked at all times. Letting someone see what you're growing in, to me, is a serious breach of security and is grounds for pulling the plug.

14. #14 Mr. Peabody, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It is a 4x4x6.5 foot grow tent. I hope to get a 5x5x6.5 soon.
    I doubt anyone will think that it is a suitcase :p

15. Yea I almost having the same problem, I am opting for the suitcase lock and I have mine in a crowded corner of a storage room that takes a lot of work moving " fragile " things that are obstructing access to...

16. #16 Mr. Peabody, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That is what I plan on doing also... Suitcase lock.
    Mine is in a messy garage so hopefully it'll be to much work to get to it.

17. Just tell who ever asks that two gay guys like to rent it out as their private little fantasy sex chamber.

18. Hmm., here are a few i just thought up.

- Practice chamber for money madness. I hope to get on a game show one day and rule!
    - European Port-a-potty. I collect weird things
    - Meditation room. Don't open it and let all my positive energies out.
    - Entrance to the Bat Cave. Don't tell.
    - Oh, that? its my spare closet.

19. My reply was a joke !

I actually keep a donkey in mine together with all the 'tackle'

:eek:

20. #20 Ragingchild, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
    a 4x4x6.5 isn't something you can just walk by and be like yo ya guys I have uhh some stuff in there you know lol.

Don't let anyone see it. Hide it or just don't invite anyone into the room you have it in.

Besides, the model I've seen has 6'' open ducts on either side which you can open up just by taking the velcro off, so locks work to a certain extent but if you have nosy people around nothings gonna really stop then from opening the hole and looking inside.

RC