Keeping a plant short

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by peacelovep0t, Nov 28, 2012.

1. I need to keep my plants short and bushy. Preferably about 6". I know that you're not supposed to top or LST the pant during flowering so how do you keep it from getting big during 12/12?

-In order to be free, you must live outside the law-

2. .... you can try flowering it very early (little to no veg life)...or LST, SCROG....some strains will just stay short also, by genetics.

3. lst the plant, just bend it over and tie it down, dont snap it....good luck

4. So I can LST during flower? Maybe I'll just go straight to 12/12

5. You have to train continually during flower to keep a plant at 6". Even if you flower at 1" tall it will be over a foot when it's done. You would need to LST continually until the flower stretch is over.

6. i have only used lst once the plant was decent size in veg......i dont know about flowering.....there is a guide to lst on the forum.....i will look for it and post it for u....

http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html

7. The best way, IMO is to use a clone. Unlike a seedling, a clone is already sexually mature and will begin to flower shortly after 12/12. A seedling will veg until it is ready to flower regardless of light cycle.

This, along with a smaller container size would work well. Could also try different genetics.

8. yeah cloning is good tool, forgot to mention that

9. Alright I guess I'll just keep the little guy in the solo cup and slowly tie him down to the sides to keep him little. I guess I could top a little too

10. Or you could use the little "guy" as a mother to feed a SOG grow, maxing out your yield :smoke:

11. Haha I definitely cannot do a SOG grow with my 1x2x1 grow space:D

12. Should check out my grow bro - its short & sweet :bongin: