Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keepin my buds fresh

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nohgz, Feb 15, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for years but I have never come across a strain that I REALLY wanted to keep for another 42 days that I want to save for Winter Music Conference in Miami.

I usually get my buds, smoke em, get some more.

What is the best way to keep this nug fresh as possible? Some people recommend those vacuum seal bags you can buy. Right now I am using a Mason jar.

Thanks

2. I heard keeping it in a mason jar will keep it fresh, as you said you're already doing that.

3. The mason jar should be fine.

Just don't handle the bud to much and remember to keep the jar closed.

4. A mason jar is best, just make sure it's at least 2/3 full of the buds. If it isn't get a smaller mason jar.

5. ive heard the best way to keep bud fresh for a LONG time is this...

1) put it in a brown paper bag, as this creates no static electricity which could pull trichs off your bud.

2) wrap the paper bag fairly airtight in a ziploc freezer bag.

3) put the wrapped up bud in a mason jar and stick it in your fridge (not freezer). when u stick it in the freezer, the trichs become VERY brittle and are more likely to break off even with minimal handling.

4) make sure that it stays in a part of your fridge where it wont be moved around much at all.

This method has always worked great for me. Some people might think its a bit of overkill, but in my experience it always keeps the bud as fresh as the day your stored it. :hello::smoke:

6. I just put mine in an airtight jar and they cure over a couple days time and smell sooooo dank

7. Mason Jar

[​IMG]

/Thread

8. #8 chi, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    If it's anything smaller than an eighth, film canisters work great. If not, the mason jars come in sizes ranging from 1/2 pints to quarts.

Edit: One pint jar will fit about an ounce just right.