Karma?, Dont make me laugh.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GanstaSmoker, Jun 18, 2010.

1. #1 GanstaSmoker, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    IMO karma is just as ridicoulous as believing in god,things happen cause they happened,it doesnt have to do anything with the past. Some good guys live a terrible life because things they cant control like sickness or death, some bad guys live a prefect life.

I consider myself to have done some bad things,and of course bad things ave happen to me after,but i have to admit im a very lucky guy and my life is great,situations that you come across in life are just a coincidence,if you have done some good things it doesnt mean youll get the same in return,cause ive known some very good people that have to go tru a lot of shit in theyre lifes.

I wish i could get deeply into this but english is not my primary language so i dont know how to explain it well.

Please dsicuss and share your thoughts.

2. Fuck everyone i am the nicest person until you start to hate on me and because of that i trust no one i dont care if i just met you or if your basicly a part of the family i will drop you in a second...fuck yall,...karma sucks

3. Fuck karma.

4. how do you kno? its could be all coincidences or there could actually be a supernatural force at work fuckin shit up when people get stupid. i really dont kno but i like to think there is

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81oPQ4TZLEQ]YouTube - karma sucks[/ame]

instant karma :wave:

6. You see how it doesnt makes sense dude. You belive in it because you "like" to think there is. Is just the same as believing in god because youre scared to go to hell. Bullshit.

7. but how could you say that when good and bad things happen to people all the time? like when somethin good happens we're all like oh fuck yea good karma but something bad goes down and its all karmas fault. see good and bad things happen to people and these things are labeled as karma but thats jsut wat we CALL it. so i guess in a fucked up way karma is real and not real at the same time is wat im tryin to say.
    i just confused myself hella bad lol

8. if you find $1000 that you can keep without anyone knowing, is it from good karma in the past or is it bad karma to not look for the one who lost it?

9. you also need to understand what karma actually is, and that it isn't the whole western idea that you do one bad thing another bad thing comes back to get you type deal. but naturally, if you think any concept of god (not in as a man in the sky sense) is completely outrageous, than this would be as well. but i think to dismiss such things all together would be doing yourself an injustice.

10. OP, I'm with you on the karma belief being superstitious nonsense. Some people like believing in karma or spirits, faeries, or whatever. I'm not one of them.

Rationalism is more appealing.

11. #11 JesusGreen, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    ^ This. Karma isn't "someone who does something bad gets punished", Karma is what makes the world go round. If I go buy an 1/8, I share it with my best mates, then a week later I'm in need of a smoke - hey look, one of my mates says "Don't worry man you smoked me up last week" and smokes with me. On the other hand, if I say "Fuck that man this is my weed" and don't share it with my friends, blatantly smoking in front of them, next time I need a smoke when I'm dry, I'm not going to be getting any favours from them.

Karma is a social thing not a supernatural thing.

Also, on the lines of coincidence. It makes me laugh when people who believe in science say that everything is just coincidence. We are all just atoms, reacting away, our thoughts are just part of a long chain reaction that started at our birth, our actions are a reflection of this. Everything that is happening is part of this big reaction, each atom and molecule reacts with other atoms in a particular way, and in each situation, each person can only act one way. Thought isn't some ghostly force that floats somewhere around your brain, it is just these reactions, and reactions can't be controlled voluntarily, we're all walking, talking machines. You might say, "Ah but I can choose what to do", but you choose based on all your past experience, everything that has ever happened - your choice is just a reaction, one with only no outcome. This is why any scientist will tell you that if we *could* time travel, doing so little as moving a stone, or being seen/heard by someone would change the entire course of history.

12. I agree, karma is bullshit. Sometimes I do something so nice like a favor and then next day get completely FUCKED. Its bullshit, i choose to be nice just cause thats me, not cause im expecting something in return, "karma" fuck that shit. :wave:

13. Karma is social. At least for me.

I do something good for a friend and they do something good for me somewhere down the line. When theres alot of good being spread in your immediate family or friends then alot of good will come back your way, if you do the opposite then you're just digging a hole.

More common sense than spiritual.

14. #14 Joe Luxon, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    I absolutely hate the way the word "Karma" has been corrupted by western society (primarily because of the TV show "my name is Earl").

Karma is the Sum total of all of your actions in life – Not a “Daily cosmic retaliation system” as it now means in modern western vernacular.

Sum Total means its ALL of your action throughout your life, summed up: Examples:

A) You killed 2 people (-2), and you saved one person (+1); you sum total Karma is -1, and your being reincarnated as a bug, because you were a douche..

B) You set up a charity (+2) and constantly swore at old people (-1); Your Karma is +1, nd you have a chance of being reincarnated as a beautiful eagle (Yay!)

Of course these two examples are over simplified, there are millions of negative actions, and positive actions lived throughout your life, and the scores at the end of it will be a lot more complicated.

What Kama does not mean is if you help small children cross roads safely all your life, you will win the lottery. There is no such thing as “instant Karma” or “cashing in Karma” during your life, what fate decides to complicate your life with (like a lottery win) is exactly that – fate; changing your actions isn’t going to change your fate.

Fuck I hate “my name is earl”.

15. i believe in karma, if you do enough shitty things in one life they will come back to get you in this life or the next.

maybe even in between...

i do agree with the people who said that when you help/do good to others they are more likely to help/do good things for you.

16. You just answered that question 4 me.

17. I dont believe in fate either. Im here,because all the things ive done,situations ive lived,paths ive chosen. And im supposed to believe its fate? fuck that.

18. karma isnt bullshit. idk, maybe its just the acid constantly talking to me, but my life seems like a fucking mooooooooovie. everything just makes sooo much sense, its weird.

19. Man you must have a cool life. lol.

But i dont think you should judge if karma is real by what you have,look around you. Like i said, Some nice people are fucked,some bad people are living a sweet life.

20. OK, you don't believe in the "bullshit" that is karma or God, yet you believe in "luck"? :confused:

Sorry for being rather blunt about it, but what the hell is the difference? When you really think about it, both are just terms suggesting superstitious activity anyway.

I tend to have more of an analytical scientific viewpoint with most things, but I'm also aware enough to recognize that there are events that take place on this "plane" of existence that simply cannot be easily explained or dismissed by science or fact. Wrap any term you want around that (luck, karma, chi, etc.), but it's a rather common middle-ground stance.

I try not to think about it too much, and just let things flow. That's the great thing about MJ, it tends to raise your level of awareness to another level or "plane", allowing your mind to relax and focus on things that you normally would simply dismiss when sober.