K or MG deficiency? Opinions please! pics

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by morgoth148, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Im about 5 weeks into flower, 400 watt HPS, and using 6-30-30 nutes half strength two times since flower stage. I use tap ph to 5-6.6 and water every other day, she is in fox farm ocean forest. room temp is 75-80 with 26% hum. problems has been for 4 days now. started with mostly brown dried crispy curled tips , curling UP, along with the leave edges browning. This plant was a mother i took about 20 clones off of, 3 weeks before flower. a day after that it suffered a bad case of burn on a branch from the light. I cut this part off at the main stem, but left the main stem tip alone. It grew out in flower, but now i see the leaves curling up and getting white specs on the leaves.(not mold). Thanks for looking guys:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Well the first thing to do is get that humidity up to 50% at least. Your leaves tell you all, these are telling you they need wet air. Plants drink from the tops aswell as there roots,, thats why the crisp look. Try that for a bit then see the change mate.. good luck.m

3. looks like you have spider mites. sounds like heat stress of light burn how far is your light from your plant and what size bulb

4. its a 400 watt HPS and its about 6-10 inches away at all times. Its a cool tube design so the air always blows through it keeping it cool. I can touch it with my hand so i dont think it light burn. I dont thinks it spidermites either because my room is located in a shop and its been colder than 25 every night for two months now, so i dont think they are flyin around outside. I have house plants and none of this have had mites in 10 years of living here and also no mites on previous grows. I have looked at the leaves under micro and see no bugs, the white dots are the leaf its self changing color. Any other suggestions or something i might have missed or i am misunderstanding? Thanks for the replies so far guys.

5. Bump!! its getting worse by the day please help , any response is very much appreciated:hello:.!

6. dont be so quick to shoot down light burn. i have a cool tube also. it is cold to the touch but i still have to keep my plant 6 inches away to keep them from burning. you also neet to have aduquate circulation in the room to keep the leaf tempatures down. otherwise you can get high tempatures surrounding the leaf even thought the room is 78. make sure the plant have a fan on them that causes the plant to dance but not be blown around. raise the light up in the mean time untill you get the problem fixed.

also dont rule out spider mites so quickly im sure you have a pest of some sort. spider mites are really hard to see they are about the size of a pin prick if u are looking for them with a 60x or 100x microscope i doubt you will find any until your infestation is out of control. use a magnifiying glass and look verrrry closely they are hard to spot even when you know what to look for

7. I've had problems with a plant that looks quite similar if not the same as yours. ph was too low and it apparently had a ca/mg deficiency. I poured in as well as sprayed with ph adjusted water containing 1 tbsp epsom salts and 1 tsp powdered milk to one gallon water..............seems to have helped.

8. whats your ph?

looks as if you have some spidermites... but im not sure. Did you see anything on the back of any of your damaged leaves?

9. a really good pic of the leaf's underside is needed to rule out mites.. ( the white dots are why we are asking about mites BTW).. I do not think you have em..but those spots are suspicious none the less

but those spots of necrosis ( the brown parts) on the leafs..are a sign of calcium deficiency ( it is a pretty distinct pattern ) ..just go pick up some cal/mag

also ..only water when they start to dry out ( regular set watering schedules, in soil, have killed more cannabis plants then the DEA) .. use water over 6.5 ph.. or risk nute lock out.

Wharf