Just went to the gym four the first time in eight months...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BP to the DP, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, back in January i had an injury that caused me to have tendonitis in my shoulder. I was very in shape, i weighed 150 lbs and i could run 5+ miles straight and bench sets of 175 lbs. I was forced to quit my workout routine, and after a lot of physical therapy (which I'm still not done with btw) my physical therapist said i can start lifting again, but to take it easy. I was supposed to go lifting with my buddy tonight after work, but he bailed because he was tired. I said fuck it and went anyways at 1030bc my gym is 24/7. I could barely run two miles,i felt like i was having a heart attack the while time. I could only bench 75 lbs and it was hard as hell. I've lost fifteen pounds of pure muscle, now i weigh 135 and I'm a stick. This sucks. I'm so tempted to say fuck it and give up, but i know i shouldn't. This is the most physically demanding thing I've ever done in my life. Any tips/suggestions? I'm no stranger to pushing my body, but this is so hard.

Edit. The title should say for, damn phone haha

2. Just push through mate, the end result is what will really matter. If you don't push through something like this, who knows where your mindset will go/what else you may give up on.

3. EAT alot of food if you are trying to get back into it look up the paleo diet if you eat like that and get back into training you will be gaining weight in no time! The first 4 weeks of getting back into the gym is usally the hardest part as your muscles have no recollection of lifting so you have to reactivate the muscle memory and get back on a routine!

4. Yea after i get home from exercising i usually eat a mountain of starches and proteins, lol i get super hungry. I'll look into that diet, thanks for the info

5. AFter I graduated highschool, after being a runner for four years I didn't run at all for 3 straight months, which dramatically lowers your running capability. i was also pretty depressed because i wasn't happy with my life and my mind was always racing. I can just say the best decision you can make is to go and workout 4,5,6 days a week, whatever you do, and it will just change your mood and calm you down a lot. For me I just use that as my motivation, because if I don't i'm really anxious and just unsettled and whatnot, nothings better then getting a workout or run done each day. soemtimes you just have to sit back and think about your prioties/what you wanna become and just have some discipline.

6. #6 Kanye, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
    Set yourself a goal and get out there and fucking achieve it! the only person stopping you from achieving that is you!

DIG DEEP..THEN DIG DEEPER

don't think, DO!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RzO-DY72Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RzO-DY72Q[/ame]

7. Stick at it mate, you will feel so much better when you reach your goals lowing you overcome this