Just Went To Hydro Growing

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Ganjahoarder, Feb 16, 2012.

1. I finally did it. I have taken the first step in hydro growing. I am stoked. I went cheap. Got the 5 gal bucket, hydronton, and 1 gal black strainer. I already had the pump and air stone. Just experimenting for now. I put in a NL clone. Added some FF trio and superthrive. Ph'ed at 5.5 Thanks for listening GC. Will let you know how it goes. Any suggestions are welcomed.

2. Welcome to hydro. The weakest part of your set up is the air stone. If its not bubbling max that will affect the plant. Always have spare air stones as they lose effiency. Sometimes they quit all together but mostly they rate of bubblicity goes way down. You want that solution to be ROILING at all times. Don't throw the old bubbler out check it after it dries out for a week....for some reason usually it'll work again. I don't know why.Maybe its the nutes.

3. Welcome to hydro!! In a DWC system, you want a minimum of 1watt of airpump power per gallon of water in your reservoir. That ought to help you prevent root rot, and keep things growing nicely.

4. Ganjahoarder: in a 5 gallon bubbling DWC you might find it worth your while to have a small aquarium water pump in there as well to keep things moving. You'll want to check and readjust your pH if necessary daily. You'll also want to change your nutes pretty regularly, like once a week to ten days and scrub your tub.

What lighting and nutes are you using? You'll also want to make sure there's not light getting in there. I hope that helps. Hank

5. Thks Original. That's simple enough to remember.

6. Thks Hank. I am using a 400w MH w/ GH trio. I got me another pump to put in there.

7. You don't need a water pump in there. Go get yourself a 45L or 70L airpump with a Ceramic diffuser air stone. I switched to this setup after my 2nd grow. I run 2 buckets with the 1 45L airpump. I just finished my 5th grow. Using the same air stones and air pumps for 3 straight grows and they are still running like new, including the air stones. Click on the 3rd link in my sig for a video of how many bubbles I get rockin in the bucket with this setup. Good Luck. Peace.

8. Thks BA. Will look into it. Peace.

9. Ganjahoarder: they all gave you good advice to a point. I wish that there was an easier way, but I suggest the following:
    1. Read: SeeMoreBud’s book, “MARIJUANA BUDS FOR LESS GROW 8 OZ. OF BUDS FOR LESS THAN $100.”
    2. Read: Jorge Cervantes’s book, “MARIJUANA HORTICULTURE THE INDOOR/OUTDOOR MEDICAL GROWER’S BIBLE.”
    3. Read: Ed Rosenthal’s, “MARIJUANA GROWER’S HANDBOOK.”
    4. You’ll want to read: Mc Carthy’s book, “GROWING MARIJUANA.”
    5. You’ll also want to subscribe to, “HIGH TIMES,” magazine. Each issue is chocked full of useful information. .” All these resources are very well written, well illustrated and packed with information that will answer most of your questions before you know to ask them. This will save you and your plants a lot of anxiety. I hope this helps. Hank

10. Thks Hank. Nutin like good ol' knowledge.