Just water for the first week or two?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by 420patient, May 7, 2011.

1. Hey guys just germed 4 seeds and put in a 75/20 coco perlite mix. My question is should i add any nutes or suppliments to the 5.8 water or just give plain water for the first 2 weeks or until at lesat 3 nodes? I have the recipe for success kit from technaflora... I assume it's just plain water but wanna be for sure... Thanks.

2. Feed 1/8 strength as soon as u see leaves after the first round ones. Coco has 0 food in it to start with

3. Thanks man.

4. So i started watering with 1/8 dose of nutes so far so good.

5. I was also curious about when to start feeding. I thought of just feeding 1/4 trength once 3rd set of leaves come in. Keep us posted on the progress.

6. Will do man. Actually started feeding a seedling 1/4strenth Roots66,MagiCal,SugarDaddy these are primarily suppliments, fed for the first time today and im gonna slowly work up to full.on another im gonna just give phed water for the first week or two just to see wich works best for me. One question tho should i ad MagiCal to the one that im gonna be giving just water? Basically can you give to much Calcium and Mag.??? Also wanted to ask you guys if Thrive Alive is basically the same thing as Superthrive?

7. hhmmmm why not add a 3rd plant and just do ph and some 1/4 calmag? you can fuck up with too much so be carful... as for the thrive alive being like superthrive, i tryd lookin up thrive alive because im not fermiliar with it... wille i was looking tho i noticed theres a red and a green type. wich one do you have? i did notice that on the bottle of super thrive there is no npk rating but there is on the bottle of both thrive alives. i also found out that the sale of Superthrive is prohibited in 3 states as an unregistered pesticide... does that mean its a bad thing? haha

8. I have both Green and Red ones organic. So far i havn't used either just the SD,RTs66 and MagiCal At 1/4 strenth so far she's lookin good and not showin any signs of burn or anything i plan on alternating water feed water but for the plain water im still gonna add the Magical. Istarted this schedule the day she popped the ground do you guys think im on the right track?

9. before i plant the germ seed i flush the 1 gal veg pots with about a half gal of 1/2 strength nuted water/supplements then i contine watering with about 1/2 strength throughout the whole cycle.maybe upping the dose late in veg.

but i also add guano,marine cuise to the medium so theres a good base nutes for the plants so they ll never get a deficiency.

10. your mix of 75/20=95, what's the rest, lol??? the cotyledons (the round leaves) take care of all of the plants nutritional needs for the first couple weeks. seedlings need zero food. i usually start at 1/4 strength at around day 11. by that time i usually see 3 alternating internodes. you're right on with the ph of 5.8. i use that number throughout my grow.

11. When you say Zero do you just give water? What about Magi-Cal or some sort of Mag suppliment?

12. #12 420patient, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Thats kinda what im tryin on 2 of them, "treat coco like hydro" also got the other two im giving plain water to, so far i havn't seen a difference... You say you feed 1/2 str. evrytime you water Do you ever flush? How often?

13. dude, i don't even ph the first 2 weeks. not necessary! since the plant is taking care of itself, there's no reason to ph. ph'ing enables the roots to uptake nutes. early on, not necessary....