Just want to check

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imsteved, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Okay so I have been doing a lot of research for a couple weeks and first I got to say thank you guys and ladies for all the helpful stuff you have posted. I was just wondering what you guys thought of this setup I was looking at buying. Yes this is my first grow.

I was thinking about gettin a 4X2X5 grow tent

A 400w grow light ballast with cool tube MH and HPS capable and of course I'll use MH for veg and HPS for flowering

Foxfarm ocean forest organic potting soil was also going to add some perlite to it

Foxfarm trio liquid nuti

A 6" exhaust fan w/ carbon filter and the speed bully speed control

Temp humi monitor, PH control kit, and a desk fan for the inside to circulate the air.

Thanks again

2. Also if I am missing anything or have a different suggestions please feel free to say it.

3. Sounds like a good setup. Would 600w be too much for that size tent??

4. From what I read I was worried a 600w might make it a little hot in there.

5. looks like u have the bases covered, may need soft twine to tie the girls down, 40x100 scope from radio shack, duct tape, marking pens, containers for soil mixing(big rubber maid type), jugs to declorine ur tap h20, and hopfully plenty of mason jars for the cure.
    go organic and make it much easier and less costly...tons more fun 2!!

6. Okay I got most that but the twine and Rubbermaids. And I'll look into the organic. Thanks for the help

7. That's my worry to but I'm going to pull the trigger on it. I'm going for a dimmable 600w. Therefore if it does get too hot ill have the liberty to lower the wattage.

8. Ah I should have looked into that I already ordered the 400 w.

9. Nice setup, will serve you well. I grew with a 400w for years, they've got plenty of penetration.

Ocean Forest + foxfarm trio is short on cal/mag and ph drifts down during flower in my experience. Counter that by adding 1 cup of powdered dolomite lime per cu ft of soil ($4, homedepot), my ph remained at 6.4 from day one to harvest this way. Might want to keep a bottle of cal-mag on hand, lime just doesn't provide enough but it will do wonders for your ph.

10. #10 Tomato Dog, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
    ImSteved, here is a checklist. Copy into word pad and print out a bunch of copies

Place them near your grow tent and everyday use a marker to check off each thing after you finish going over it. Have Fun:)

• Air Ventilation / Air Circulation
    • Humidity : 40-50 percent
    • Temperature : Day – 70-75degreesF / Night – 60-65degreesF
    • Place hand under light at the very top of the plant to check for heat
    • water plants if needed (drench whole pot and let soak in then drench again)
    • Cultivate soil surface
    • Check pH
    • Rotate (turn) plants a quarter around
    • Check for spider mites under leaves
    • Check for fungi
    • Check for nutrient deficiencies
    • Check Lighting system for excessive heat at plug-in, timer, ballast, and near ceiling
    • CLEAN UP!,CLEAN UP!,CLEAN UP! VACCUM ALL DIRT AND RUNOFF WATER
    • Check walls and ceiling for mold

11. Sweet thanks and will do.