Just think about it...

Discussion in 'General' started by Atomic Stoner, Jul 12, 2012.

1. The entire history of the world had to be just perfect in order for you to be born. If one thing hadn't happened, your ancestors probably wouldn't have had sex at that very moment when you were conceived. Even if they did have sex, the timing would be off and you probably wouldn't be here today.

If your caveman ancestor died from that spear, you wouldn't be here

If your great great great grandpa didnt go to the party where he had sex with your great great great grandma, you wouldn't be here

If your grandma didn't go to Walmart that one time, you probably wouldn't be here.

If your mom actually did go to the baseball game with her co workers, you wouldn't be here

Those were just some scenarios, but the possibilities endless... What your doing right now is prevents kids from being brought into this world

2. My grandma never goes to Walmart.

3. [quote name='"Ziggy86"']My grandma never goes to Walmart.[/quote]

Those were just some scenarios, if your grandma did something different, you wouldn't have been born

4. It's pretty fucking awesome. How many thousands and thousands of decisions that were made just to lead up to this point, even the fact that we are communicating right now is pretty crazy.

5. pretty dope

6. LOL I know bro, was only kidding obviously.

I often think about that, mostly while I'm smoking sometimes those thoughts would come across my mind.
    It scares the shit outta me though when I think that if I make 1 simple decision, my life would be different forever.
    Also it makes you think "what if I went with that option, what woulda happened?".. Yeah I don't think about it a lot but when I do it's fucking trippy.

7. #7 The3amJunkie, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    This kinda plaques me, I think a lot about the other choices I could have made and the outcomes. Too many possibilities..

There is a infinite amount of parallel universes where every decision is played out.

Think what you are thinking of is called the butterfly effect.

8. If the Universe is infinitely big. Surely there is another Earth where everything has happened exactly the same except you weren't born. Or even a leaf fell in a slightly different place.

9. That's cool to think about

10. You have nothing to gain from pondering something like this. It's not practical to be a philosopher.

11. [quote name='"The3amJunkie"']

There is a infinite amount of parallel universes where every decision is played out.[/quote]

That is insane

12. Yeah you're right..nobody should ponder anything because it gets them no where. Tell that to any scientist or anyone who as ever discovered or figured something new out.

And fuck all philosophers and philosophy classes too, right?

13. In your opinion.

14. You misunderstand. A scientist ponders things on the road of accomplishing something be it a discovery or whatever, but accepting that things had to be perfect for you to exist is purely philosophical and only serves the purpose of having knowledge without an application.

What are you figuring out by acknowledging chance?

15. A better understanding of yourself and how the world works?

16. All it does is lead to another belief. You can believe everything you want and make however many philosophies you want to describe it, but none of it will make any difference on what actually is.

17. You have nothing to gain by posting something negative in a thread either, right?

Nobody made you click on it..or type anything. You don't have to agree with other people but it was unnecessary.

All he was saying was it's crazy to acknowledge chance, he wasn't asking a question or trying to figure anything out. :rolleyes:

Not everything needs to have a purpose to think about.

18. You want to talk about philosophy but don't want to contend with different views?

19. This by itself is your belief, you see.
    and why does it have to make a difference on reality? if that reality is unknown for us anyway?

20. Okay you lost me..I never said I didn't want to contend with different views.