Just starting up How do you get water to your garage?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jmallen2525, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Hi everyone!
    I finally got some plants, still waiting on my flower tent that I'm ordering, but for now I was given 9 sour diesel clones, some are in bad shape, a a few look nice, well see, might just learn a little from this grow. For anyone with a garage grow, other than running a separate hose all along your house into your garage, which is not the most attractive/convenient also suspicious looking, how do you use the water tanks/barrels that I have seen? Wondering if that's the way to go. Took all 9 plants outside to water them one by one, they are dry within 12 hours, can't keep doing it like this. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2. #2 Through The Trees, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    It's nine plants... Just go fill up a pitcher or something with your kitchen sink..

3. #3 jay719, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    You can buy a barrel, reservoir, or even just a five gallon bucket but you will still have to run a hose out there or haul the water somehow. It's not bad just to carry a jug of water if you have small plants but it gets rather impractical if you grow large plants that need 1 - 2 gallons each per watering. Making 18 trips to the garage with water jugs looks worse than just running a hose imo.

1. drip tray ! ! ! ! ! ![*]bucket, pitcher, pail, cup, or spoon to transport water manually.[*]cpvc, joints, valves and glue...felt pen, measuring tape, hacksaw+deburring tool or a pvp pipe cutter to install a water faucet in the garage.
      • <li>...or buy a long hose and run it through a window as needed.
      </li>

4. OK so let's say I just run a hose from out back for now, I was going to get large Rubbermaid bins to put the plants in, cut them so they are just a drip tray, assuming that will fill up, should I attach a hose to that that drains water to a bucket? Is that water reusable?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. just buy the little kitchen sink dish tubs for those planters you got, they are cheap, last 'forever' and no need to cut. I gives ya the extra few inches to place a couple of bricks under the planters so the excess water can run off...always want to have some run off, just a little.

6. Have a plumber put in a slop sink for you if you can't do it yourself. It's a common thing in most garages and basements, multi purpose so you'll get more use out of it than just growing.

7. I have a 5 gal jug in my shed with a spout. Then bring out 3 gals to fill it as needed... which is daily by the time flower hits lol

8. 32 gallon trash can, marked inside at every 5 gallon interval (helps with adding nutes)
    2 -5 gallon bucket from home depot
    fill up the 5 gallon buckets and dump till the trash can is full to your liking.

fountain pump attached to a water hose for watering. couldnt be easier

9. #10 abbottbud, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    I'll be doing a garage grow soon. My scenario is similar to yours, no water system in the garage, and cant run a hose to the garage during winter.

All I can do is have a water storage in the garage. I would carry the 5 gallon buckets of water in both arms from the kitchen or basement to the garage. Dump the 5 gal buckets into a 55 - 100 gal water storage tank. I'd make many trips as needed to fill up those water storage tanks. The tanks should be in the closet of the grow room to keep the water from freezing and this set up should last for several feeding / watering before having to refill the tank. Finally, have a clean trash can in front of that water reserve, to get measured water from the reserve and to add nutrient mix for the plants that you're about to feed.

Hope this helps.