Just started growing. Want to make sure i'm doing it right.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bjdguy, Jun 25, 2009.

1. i planted 2 seeds in their own 6 in. pots and i have just been watering them with 1/2 quart of water each and the directed amount of miracle grow. They're in sunlight for about 8 or 9 hours a day. It's been 5 days and 1 of them has sprouted. Does everything sound like it's going smoothly? Anything else i should be doing?

2. #2 UpNorthRealHigh, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    if they havent even sprouted yet, dont start givng them nutes.. hold off on that for a while... any dirt you use will already have enough food in it for them to grow for a couple weeks.

and once they pop up, dont be afraid to let the soil dry out a little... they dont like a ton of water

usualy takes about a week for seeds to come out of the soil if you havent pre-soaked them aswell

3. The best advice anyone can give you here is:

Don't over nute
    Don't over water
    Read all the stickies HERE in the Outdoor Grow General and the Absolute Beginner's forum. READ ALL RELEVANT STICKIES! They will answer pretty much all your questions.

And last but not least...
    hop on over to the Outdoor Grow Journal forum and start your own. Add pictures, information, and plans. More experienced growers will give better in depth advice and critique you. It works out well! Hell check out mine, and i'm a noob too. :)

Hope this helps.