just sprouted

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weedworm, Dec 7, 2004.

1. hello out ther, i just sprouted a seedling about 3 days ago and its doing fair. its a windo plant. it has about 4-6 leaf and is about 1-2 inch tall. i only have wall mart soil in the pot and it has the sun for lighting. i putt aluineum around it to creat a bowl shape around it. i thought this would direct more light to it but i noticed the plant started to move away from the fiol and get a weird look on the one side of the leafs. it looked like it was to much heat or light. so i put a fan up to c if that would help. i bin starving it on its waater just a little bit b/c one of my good friends said "to much water it will grow tall and weak, so starve it a little so it will grow short and strong." i dont know what to really do i'm just a beginner. what do you think i should do? what soils should i use? is there better lighting i can use? amount of water i should give it? and if you have a few tips u might want to say please feel free. ow ya also im on a tight buget so i cant really aford much supplies. thnx.

2. read around in the forum and you will find the answers to all of your questions.

i to am new. the soil should be fine for now but you would have to add some fertilizers down the road. having it in the window for sunlight is going to make it stretch towards the light. over watering to the best of my knowledge has nothing to do with that. you want to get some compact flourescent lights. they are the ones that fit into a regular socket and are the twisty tubes. keep it about and inch away from the top of the plant.

having a fan blowing on it will help strengthen the stalk. at such a young age you should probably only have a light breeze hitting it. just enough to move the leaves a little. then as the stalk thickens you can aim it a little more directly.

first thing i would do is get the lights. dont over water it, but dont starve it either. if the pot you have it in is light and dry, water it. then let it dry again.

i am sure others have some better advice, and i hope that i havent steered you in the wrong direction. like i said, i am new as well.

wendall