Just so people know

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Mogwai, Jan 25, 2013.

1. A few years back, I was on a friends Xbox and I went into his profile bio and wrote "I like cock" as a joke. No big deal or anything just a simple joke. I remembered it and told him about it a little over a month ago and we both laughed about it but I guess he forgot to get around to changing it.

Today he got a popup on live that he was temporary banned for 2 days, but it didn't give him any reasoning. Figuring it was a billing error with his card, he called to sort it out.

They ended up telling him that he was in fact permanently banned from live because of his bio saying he loved cock. He explained he wasn't even the one who set it (which seemed obvious because who puts that themselves?), but they said there was nothing that could be done now and he's still permanently banned.

The whole situation blows my mind. I feel bad as I was the one who set it, but I told him about it a while back so he doesn't hold it against me thankfully.

I feel like how companies treat consumers on an individual level says the most about what kind of business they are. So that's why I'm even bothering to mention this. Microsoft permanently banned a long-standing user (he's owned three 360s over quite a long period of time) over an extremely trivial matter with no warning beforehand, and upon establishing that his account was tampered with, still refused to reconsider the matter and brushed it off.

I know it's not a big deal but I think stuff like that speaks volumes about a company.. and I was hyped for the new Xbox supposedly coming out soon, but after hearing of this I am reconsidering getting it. Despite the fact that I love their online service and game selection I am thinking I'll look more into PlayStation this console generation

2. He should have said he was gay and threatened to launch a discrimination lawsuit.

3. Wow, Microsoft strikes again. I feel your prank was harmless and in good fun. Don't feel too bad, because I know you didn't intend for it to happen.

My friends facebook was hacked recently and it said
    " I like big cock, hairy tits, cellulite thighs and assholes, hit me up if your into a sex-rodeo, dudes only, seriously"
    And did anyone get banned then? Nope.

This is just another example microsoft not caring much for their customers, in hearing that his account was tampered with they should have let it go and allowed him to edit his profile.

My condolences to your friend, I've had my live account over 10 years and I wouldn't\twant to get hit with the banhammer.

4. Why is that even ban-worthy? Permanently banning someone for having "I like cock" on their profile page is absurd. Does this mean gay people aren't allowed to use an xbox? And really, who's to say that he doesn't just like adult, male chickens? Or perhaps it was a typo, and he meant, "I like clock."

Ok, maybe liking clocks is a bit silly. But basically, it's stupid he got a permanent ban for that.

5. #5 DrazyHaze, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    While to us it seems absurd, think about the player base of Xbox.

12-15 yr old kids,

And say one of them reads your profile and goes around blabbing about cock or something, the parent hears, demands to find out the source, then proceeds to bitch at and attempt to prosecute microsoft.

They only do it to cover their ass because they deal with a childish immature player base.

Its time you just come to PC

6. I thought they usually just took the content off you profile and set it to "inappropiate content" or something like that.... not ban people

7. OP,you had no business posting anything on his profile. None! Sometimes a prank isn't so funny. Let other peoples business and profile stats remain THEIRS. You basically got YOUR friend banned. Now what you gonna do about it? How you going to right this wrong? Go get a piece of scrap paper and figure it out.

8. :rolleyes: ok dad, you can go back to the basement now

9. [quote name='"azcactus"']OP,you had no business posting anything on his profile. None! Sometimes a prank isn't so funny. Let other peoples business and profile stats remain THEIRS. You basically got YOUR friend banned. Now what you gonna do about it? How you going to right this wrong? Go get a piece of scrap paper and figure it out.[/quote]

Lol this guy. He got banned on Xbox, he didnt get him fired from his job. The kid can just make a new account...

10. I got banned once, came back and played for a day and got banned again. That time it was for a week i think. I called them and they never told what it was i did.

Microsoft is a corporation that needs to die, decompose, and give way to new companies.

11. yeah then we'll lose Windows ...

Console gaming needs to die, and give way the throne back to the rightful heir that is PC Gaming.

12. i don't think ive ever played a game on PC besides Portal and it was kinda hard... is it reaaalllyy that much better than console gaming? if so what makes it so superior? just curious.

13. Everything about PC gaming kicks the shit out of console gaming. The games, the mouse and keyboard precision, the unbelievable visual quality improvements over console counterparts, etc etc etc

Consoles fail where PCs flawlessly succeed. It took me almost 10 years to realize why console gaming is so crappy in relation to pc gaming. But that's just my opinion

14. #14 Mogwai, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
    It's the internet. If a parent is that worried their kid is that impressionable they shouldn't let their kid on live. Its their own fault. That situation you wrote is absurd

I guess you missed the part where I told him about it and he had a chance to remove it.

You sound like you'd be a real blast to chill with

15. Wtf? For all microsoft knows, this dude could be a huge chicken advocate and wanted to tell people on xbox about it. This is insane

16. Fair, next. He should read the ToS.

17. Huh, mine was and probably still is, "I do cocayeene!" Dr. Rockso kind of thing...

I should probably change it.

Fuck microsoft and their flaccid penises.

[​IMG]

18. #18 azcactus, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    Sorry man, I don't mean to sound like I would be fun to share cannabis with and I am as chill as they come. Ask my 5 ex-wifes if you don't believe that.

Sometimes people on GC just post the most absurd, dumb $hit, that I have trouble not believing GC bought myspace. It'd be like me starting a thread that said Look What I Found and then post #1 saying, I found an almond in my recliner. Damn, I had the munchies anyway, so I ate it.

Chill and keep it green.

19. Damn dude chill out

20. Ok, I will, but only because you asked me so nicely. Your welcome.