Just planted my first two seeds yesterday

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Goggalor, Jul 5, 2011.

1. I bought some of those pellets that swell up, and planted one seed from an unknown strain, and one from some OG Kush x Sensi Star. Placed the pellets in a humadore on my windowsill that gets a lot of sunlight. I have like absolutely no money for this grow, but I think I have the necessary tools, besides a Ph meter, which I still need to get. God I hope these sprout. I want to wake up when their flowering and just smell that amazing smell all day.

2. Remove them from the window sill and place them in a dark cool place untill there firs set of leaves sprout up. A seedling has no use for light initially and it can damage them. Also you can place a zip lock bag over the pot to increase the humidity for it.

Window sills btw are not a great place to grow do to the fact that you get limited number of hours a day of light.

3. That's why I was planning on growing them on a combo of both natural and artificial light. I'll keep them in the window for most of the time, and thern supplement that with grow lights. And I wasn't aware seedlings didn't need sunlight, thanks for the info.

4. You can grow both..but most dont realize that your windows have coatings on them that block alot of the spectrum. Thats to stop heat and fading of materials inside your house. Its not always a ideal place. You would be better to put it outside on the porch or something.

Or just blanket with CFLs 24/7. Easier then back and forth.

5. Worst mistake a grower can make besides tellling anyone is starting without all the necessary supplies. Ph meter is one of the most important things after lights and a medium.

6. In the winter, I grow under CFLs all the time. Try to get 100 actual watts per plant.
    That would be 4 24w CFLs