Just planted my first seed!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kerbob16, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Hey everyone! i just planted my very first seed it felt like i was giving birth to something beautiful.

It's a mexican sativa seed thats been germinating for 2 days and i just finished planting it like 2 minutes before midnight because my timer is set to turn on my lights at midnight and end at 5pm tomorrow (18/6).

I gave it 350 ml of room temperature filtered water. and im not going to water for probly 3 days. After that il give it 250 ml whenever it needs it.

I had a little bit of trouble getting the seed into the soil though:p first i stuck my pinky into the soil and tried putting the seed in with sterilized tweezers. But i kept dropping it or every time i put it into the hole in the soil it would go in the wrong possition. So i said fuck it and covered up the hole, made a new thinner one with the back of the tweezers, and put the seed in with my fingers. went in perfectly haha.

Anyways, i just thought id announce the proudest moment of my life. Im sure that moment will be replaced though when i get to roll a blunt with my own weed:smoking:

If anyone has some tips for the first week, id love to hear them.

2. keep it warm and moist till its sprouts.

after it sprouts what lights are you going to put it under?

3. The only lights i have are two 19" 50 watt fluorescent strip lights. When its time to flower il most likely add in a 100 watt cfl