just picked up an iolite vaporizer, have some questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by narcoticrex, May 6, 2010.

1. Hey, I just got me an Iolite vaporizer from a local headshop, i picked it up for $210, tax and a can of Vector included.

I came home and tried to fill it....but it seemed like it was already full? do these units ship from the factory full?

also, my on/off switch was/is hard to turn to ON. Is this normal?

It fired right up, and believe me, people who are on the fence about this vape, it got me fucking fried. I put just a little bit of nugget in there, and it got me pretty high, and I am a heavy smoker for over 15 years. So naturally, I packed a second, larger bowl and it lasted forever. Which brings me to my real question....when is it beat? There is no visible "smoke" really, and honestly, I can still taste some aroma. The weed looks brown (was bright green initially), but it doesnt look "beat". Shit, I could proabably stuff this shit in dimebags and sell it. Do I just keep suckin it til I feel like theres nothing coming out? And yes, that is indeed what she daid.

And how can you tell if the iolite is out of fluid, it just wont get warm? Im impressed, I smoked it over a half an hour - 40 mins with no problems, with it constantly rewarming itself.

Also, should I plug the top when im not actually "smoking" it, like keep my thumb over it, will vapors release if I do not do that?

And what tip from the vector can is the best for refilling?

2. do NOT smoke weed after it has been in a vaporizer it will be a very bad experience.

3. You will get a feel for when the bud is done...You wont be able to taste it anymore and it will be a medium brown colour....Use your vaped bud for edibles...

Ya the on/off is always a little stiff....

You will know its out of butane because it will start to sputter when it tries to heat up...Always let it run completely out of butane before refilling....

Enjoy:hello:

4. I have the same question. There is no smoke, no mist, nothing. My nose doesn't work, so I can't' smell or taste anything, so I don't know if it's working. How do I know? I got high, but how do I know that's not just butane gas I'm getting high off of, or just hyperventilating

I have the same question... anyone? Anyone???

I have the same question... anyone? Anyone???

5. If you sell weed after being used in a vape make sure who is buying it doesn't know where you live because when they taste it they will be pissed. bad idea not recommended.

6. I like to keep my thumb over the tip but it's not really neccessary. You can tell it's out of juice when the flame won't ignite and no gas is coming out.

7. #7 atheiststoner, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    Are you guys sure you are getting high off this thing? Do you smoke herb before you vap or something? I don't get any visible vapor, I don't taste any herb, I just smell butane. The herb turns brown, but I think I'm only getting a light high off butane and oxygen deprivation from sucking on the pipe. Are you guys sure this thing works? I’ve been using the iolite for 3 days now, and the more I use it, the more I’m convinced it’s a scam.

When you hear the butane, isn't some leaking out the top? When I suck on the pipe nothing happens, but if you suck hard you are sucking through all the air around the iolite, which includes that butane. I don't think this thing is safe or healthy.

8. #8 greystr0ke1, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    It's not a scam. The unit works and it works damn good. Maybe you have a lemon. Try calling their Customer Service department and see if they can help you out since we've already gave you suggestions and none have worked.

Try checking out the Iolite thread on the Fuck Combustion forums for more advice if you need it.

Iolite vaporiser (Page 1) / Vaporizer Discussion / FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

Don't use one of the supplied tips. The standard tip should work fine. Although, I've had an issue with one can of Vector out of the 5 or so that I've used since buying the Iolite. That particular can wouldn't mate right with the Iolite and wouldn't fill the unit easily.

9. you're doing it way wrong bro.