Just ordered the Nautilus

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by InfamousSpectre, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Yeah I was gonna order a new downstem for it, but for the amount I'm gonna pay i might as well order a totally new A/C

2. ssfg is willing to work with you over orders.
    when u loet them know u need an 18mm, also specify that ud like a 90*

3. Like I said earlier, the bong doesn't have much space between the fixed downstem and the actual tube, so i'll show you what I was planning on getting, it is an ashcather, and you just have to ask him to make it 18.8, really considering getting this for my Nautilus....Etsy Ashcatch Slide

4. Then we should call you Captian Nemo, eh?

5. #28 InfamousSpectre, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    Loving all this information, extremely informative and making me feel great I ordered the bong I did. :smoke:

Liking this A/C
    GONG GLASS ON GLASS ASH CATCHER 14MM PULL SLIDE by colorchanger

Anyone else have an opinion on it?

Also PeaceMan would you say that a seamine or glass jack is "needed" for this bong or is that just a choice. (I don't really have a headshop nearby and the bong should be arriving soon don't want to order one from here and wait again)

If you say it's necessary I guess I have a road trip to go on.

6. you ever find a good ash catcher for this thing? arents there and simple 90 degree ones out there?

7. The only ones I can find are a $200 roor and a $30 weedstar

8. I have the layback nautilus, love it. You cannot do better for the money.

I got the black leaf octopus ashcatcher ($40). It sits at an angle but all arms are submerged and it doesn't pull water into the bong, works great

I used my incredibowl m420 w/ trigger as the bowl -> octopus ashcatcher -> Icy Nautilus...... MMMMMMMMMM GOOOOD.

9. are there angled adapters for this type of thing?

10. Hey phizix how do you like that octopus? I was very drawn to it while making my order but decided against it for now. How's the quality of it? It looked like the arms could break easily :/

11. I love the octopus. It feels solid and heavy, not worried about breaking it. The only time I could see breaking it is during cleaning so I just make sure I don't drop it when I'm shaking it around. The joint does not fit absolutely perfectly but damn close for inexpensive glass (i.e. there is no annoying wobble.)

for $40 you can't go wrong when similar products with name brands can cost $150+
    and the 6 arms are way better than just a single downstem. It actually stays pretty clean too I'm suprised.

12. It pissed me off a little bit when I saw a roor a/c that was the bottle type single non diffused downstem for $200. I bet if you added a carbon filter right before it it would be perfect. I'll have to look into it for my next order. As of now I'm just waiting on my layback to gt here :)

13. i just got the layback one. i would suggest you get a new bowl if you dont already have a smaller one while your at it because the one that comes with it is almost a novelty bowl. If you plan on smoking out of it you should definitely look into an ash-catcher as it gets dirty really fast. i just vape through mine so i dont really have that problem.

14. Ya I ordered the layback with a carbon filter and some seamines. Is the bowl almost unusable? It seemed nice since I usually go through at least 2 or 3 bowls

15. Hey phizix, think you could upload a pic of that setup? sounds so fuckin sweet man, want!

16. Yeah, sorry for crappy cell phone pics but it gives you an idea of scale.

I keep the a/c swung around close to the bong on the left side and it feels really solid and balanced. That way when I lean it back a little the arms on the octopus are more evenly submerged.

The m420 allows smoke to expand/cool a bit, lets you see exactly how big of a hit you are getting and acts as an awesome ashcatcher. The rubber mouthpiece of the m240 seals nicely inside the giant black leaf bowl (i just hold it on, its not attached but could be). The smoke then goes straight into the huge bowl where I have a glass mine (just for shits and giggles) and a couple metal screens (nothing solid is getting in my bongwater). Then it hits the ashcatcher and goes through to the inline and voila. I kinda like how huge the black leaf bowl is because I just leave it in and use my other bowls inside it.

Caution: you can take dangerously strong concentrated hits from the incredibowl this way and completely toast your lungs :)

Attached Files:

17. Yeah i wanted to see if that octopus dominated the nautilus or something haha thanks man, i likey