Just ordered my first autoflowering seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jrvan143, Dec 8, 2016.

1. just ordered my first autoflowering white widow xl and northern lights seeds I'm using an led setup anyone have any pointers?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Read up on growing auto flowers

3. ^Lil dicky^ in the hizzzzleeee!

They don't like being repotted and just give them a regular 18/6 schedule all the way through. Stick the seeds In your bumhole to germate for a couple days and then remove and plant.... Uhhh and don't buy bad soil buy good soil.

4. If you don't have much or any growing experience, you best route would be to find a reliable source containing proven information and read up on how to take care of a MJ plant throughout it's life. The basics of making this happen are pretty easy, but if you don't know what you should do, you'll end up screwing your plants up. Autos don't seem to handle massive stress too well, so you need to have a good understanding of what to do on your end of things to keep the stress from happening. I've seen tons of posts by people attempting to grow them where they would go into flower in week 2 of grow along with other odd things. So you make sure you know how to take care of the plant, what the grow media (and I hope you're not attempting to start a hydro setup of any kind...to complicated for the new grower to start with...stay away until you learn more about the plant) should be like, how to know when to water, how to water when it is time, nutes....young new plants don't need them if you're doing a soil grow as the soil contains nutrients and until the plant uses those, it doesn't need more. Nutes don't grow big plants...light does that. Weak light gets you a weak harvest. Strong light for each plant combined with enough space for it to penetrate the canopy of the plant, gets you a good harvest. Best of luck. TWW

5. I'm definitely not doing a hydro setup I'm doing soil all the way. Gonna be using fox farm soil to start and I'm setting up a closet with a 1000w led.

6. Right....so you are telling this new grower to read up on reliable sources for information. If you want them to read "reliable" information then why to you continue to post so much unreliable information?

Since you posted a lot of WRONG information I will correct it for you.

Autoflower strains are just as easy or difficult to grow as any photoperiod plant. If you can't grow a photo plant you can't grow an auto and vice versa. For every autoflower grow you see that is messed up you will see a photoperiod grow get screwed as well. An autoflower plant will go into flower as early a 2 weeks.....it's because that is what they are made to do! Autos do not like to be transplanted and with soil grows started in the pot they will spend their whole grow cycle in. Autos also can't not be cloned. I know of one grower that made it work once but with that said we will just stick to the fact that they can't.

Autoflowers do not need a change in light cycle to flower. Best light cycle is straight 24/0 or 20/4. 18/6 and lower will start to decrease yields. Normally autoflower strain are feed as a lower PPM level than photoperiod plants.

Hydro is very easy to do. Don't let people like "The Widow White" try to say it's hard. With the right tools and basic understanding anyone can grow successfully with hydro. With a basic DWC hydro set up and a cheap MarsHydro 300w LED($70) my first hydroponics grown plant had a yield of 6.7oz(190grams) dry!

I wish you well with you plants. I am sure you are looking forward to receiving your seeds!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm currently on my second grow of auto flowers, first one turned out pretty bad haha but this grow is doing a lot better! Some advice i can give you is to NEVER transplant it, i made that mistake and it cost me by stunting their growth and i probably lost a week of growth! Also you should definitely invest in cal-mag if you haven't already, they often suffer from calcium deficiencies.

8. Thanks for the info ! I am very excited I've always read the stronger the light the better your grow will be so I got a 1000w led to start out with do you think that's to much? I am also going the be using breathable pots instead of regular ones and fox farm soil. I think I have a good understanding to get me started but would love to have a guide on my first grow lol

9. Thanks I'll keep the cal mag in mind once I start it all up I think I may do a journal!

10. What LED fixture do you have? What is the "real" at the wall rating of the fixture? Unless you have a custom COB fixture your LED is not a full 1,000w unit. Most likely your unit will be in the 250w-400w range.

11. this is the one that I have hope it's good lol

Attached Files:

12. Humm....that is the worse rated LED fixture I have seen yet! Can you return it? It is only 190w REAL wattage not the 1,000w they list it as. It is very deceiving marketing. For that price you can get 2 MarsHydro 300's (140w).

13. probably not but I wanna do this right so I'm willing to spend the money on it I can always use it as an extra but will try and return it aside from the marshydro do you recommend any others ?

14. Nope...MarsHydro 300's for off the shelf fixture or build your own COB fixtures.

These are my autos grown with MarsHydro 300's...

SourCrackDay64.jpg 71_CherryBomb.jpg Grape_day71_2.jpg GC2_day70.jpg

15. I only grow 1 plant at a time. Keep in mind those two bottom plants are over 36" wide and over 30" tall not including the bucket. I grow in a custom built 24"x36" and 60'ish tall cabinet.

16. O wow ok I'll have to measure where I am going to do my setup when I get home to see exactly him many I will be able to fit. Did you get a good yield from them?

17. YES....the top plant was over 6oz dry and the 3rd was of 12oz(353grams) dry.

18. I hope you don't mind me bothering you if i amjust say so lol what nutes do you use?

19. No problem at all. I use simple cheap General Hydroponics FLORA 3 part.