Just Need to Vent.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Czoverton24, May 25, 2011.

1. Today my father went in for his usual chemo treatments. We got word that the cancer is not stopping and basically he is in pain everyday, On every painkiller you can imagine. Next thing he is trying is Marijuana though. This just really hit me hard today that he is basically very ill and I don't know how much ill have him in my life. Im literally crying as I type this. He lost 9 pounds in 10 days. Thats basically a pound everyday. he has dropped so much weight to were he is just very sickly looking and it breaks my heart.

Just last year I was 17 enjoying life finishing my junior year, Now Im 18 and am just depressed everyday seeing him lay around the house unable to do the things he loved. He was an avid golfer and a great father and has helped me in alot of tough spots in life. Now he can barley make it up stairs without feeling winded/tired.

Im just trying to cheerish everyday I have with him, But I don't even feel youthful anymore. Like I was just a teenager last year and now I feel just drained emotionally, physically.

Im sorry for this. Just needed to vent.

2. Be strong man, I lost my grandpa to cancer. It's tough shit. Sorry to hear,

3. I lost my grandpa to cancer too. I didn't get to say bye to him... It's a pretty hard thing to go through.

I will send you good vibes OP. Enjoy the time while it lasts :smoke: maybe cannabis is what he needs

4. Fuck cancer !

5. My family friend, practically family member has cancer as well.
    Hes been through chemo a ton already, and refuses to go through it anymore b/c of how much energy and life it takes out of you.

I'm hoping he gets well, but in my mind I doubt he will because I keep hearing hes getting worse and worse.

Hope your dad makes it though man, cancers tough. All the best.

6. Don't lose faith, he can still beat it.