Just made my first hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by larryg420, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I just got these "things" some one gave me,they are used in the quarry business.They grade sand and dirt by fineness.
    They[5] start at .0276" and end at .0070"-[177 microns].
    I had 1.5oz's of lower bud and got 2 grams of fluffy hash:smoking:.It's a body high that is energizing,a good morning start.
    A cup of fresh coffee and a bong or 2 of home made Hash and i ready to start my day.:bongin:

Attached Files:

2. ok I dont think thats hash... I believe that would be considered as keif

3. 177 microns too big for trichomes only?

4. nice score on the setup.... at any rate

oh yea nice pile o keif too

5. Nice hash bro.

I didn't realize the weed to hash ratio was so large.

6. Actually, Keif has green matter still present and therefore is not ideal for making hash. 2 gm out of 1.5 oz's is either some real poor quality bud or you did not sift through and break it up good. On avg. it is 10-15%, hence 100 gms can produce 15 gms. You should have gotten 4.2-6.3 gms of pure which when processed correctly would give you 3.8-6 gms.

Ice, or Gumby hash is another great process and can produce 15%+ if done correctly. It is also a cleaner method and does not require heat in the process.

Maybe if I think of it on my present run, I will make a little of each and give step by step and pictures for everyone. My last harvest produced 2.8 Oz's of solid well manicured bud, and 17.4 gms of heat treated hash, and another 6 gms of ice water hash from the recycled leaves and popcorn buds from the sifting.

Good work, but I bet if you took a little more time you could got a few more gms. It taste best if you process it, it will also burn slower which will make it last longer.

less

7. Sup tokers,

I've never smoked or eaten hash before, how does it compare to smoking MJ?

Peace!

8. it's pretty much exactly the same, except you get really high (with hash).

edibles are a very different story altogether; much more body-high and long-lasting (and longer onset)

9. That makes sense. One thing I read about edibles is that with a healthy dose, you hallucinate. I've always been fascinated by that. I'd like to see how the hallucinations compare to those you get from mushies.

10. kief is just unpressed hash, for the record.

11. It was a nice tan color not green.I did get very buzzed on it.:smoking:

12. That's simply kief, you can get that from any type of grinder or "pollinater"

13. #13 Jim Dunlop, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2008
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote From Cannabis Culture Mag:

1. Kief is collected trichomes which have fallen off of the bud itself. If collected properly your kief will have very little green material and is in fact quite good to make hash out of.
    2. I'm not sure where you get your info, but on average the THC content in marijuana is closer to 5-6%. I've heard it can get higher than that around 12-17%, but of course it is far from "average".
    3. The ammount of kief he got corresponds pretty closely to the ammount of THC found found on average in marijuana.
    4. You act like the percentage is strickly in the trichomes. Though the THC may be more prevalent in the resin glands of the female bud, the THC is nonetheless distributed throughout the plant itself, just in smaller quantities depending on the part of the plant.
    5. That being said, if the average ammount of THC in the bud is on the lower end, you wouldn't get the percentage purely in trichomes, believing that is just assinine.
    6. According to your calculations 1/7th of his marijuana should be comprised of trichomes alone.
    7. Pressing kief does NOT make it weigh any less. Are you serious? How can simply reducing the volume of something reduce it's mass? You aren't taking anything away you are simply putting it in a more condensed form.
    Don't be a Captain Bringdown if you don't know what you're talking about. :wave:

14. if you wanna hallucinate then do acid
    anything else isn't even considered hallucinations
    mushrooms and all that other shit doesn't even compare
    i know that has nothing to do with weed
    just saying if you wanna hallucinate than try that
    be careful though
    you may have an experience you don't want
    just depends on you
    i personally found god
    did it once, and that was enough for me

15. I see you've never tried salvia

16. i have multiple times actually
    i think its stupid
    its so expensive and it only lasts like 2 minutes of actually tripping
    then you get a good high for like 30 mins
    but come on, the prices are ridiculous

17. im new to all these different forms of mj thanks to the mmj card. i dont want to sound like a newbie while at the clubs, soooo what would you expect to pay for kief or hash?

18. #19 theSundering, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
    What does it matter how long it lasts? Salvia is a dissociative hallucinogenic, meaning 3 to 5 minutes of tripping can feel like an eternity if you're tripping hard enough. If you mildly tripped for 2 minutes, you need to stop wasting your money and buy a stronger concentration.

19. i like the sifting pans.. wish i could get some!