Just how bad is the smell? What can I do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ViolentlySweet, Jul 16, 2006.

1. I am growing 6 (hopefully 7) plants and this is my first time. I am going to grow them in my closet. I live in a town house that is approx. 1000 sq ft. The closet is in my bedroom which is in the back of the house. Can the smell from growing be detected outside in the front of the house?

Just how bad is this smell. I live in a woodsy location but do have neighbors. What kind of things could I do with this small of a setup in my closet to prevent the smell from being detected by anyone around me? I will be adding those small air purifiers from Home Depot but will this be enough?

2. Build/buy a carbon filter to help control the smell.

3. Smell will depend alot on strain you are growing. Northern Lights and Top44 are two low smelling strains that I know of.

I don't know about outside the house (not knowing your floorplan), but the possibility of it reeking in every room inside by harvest time is pretty high.

A home made carbon filter would be the cheapest way to combat the smell. Do you have ventilation going in and out of the closet?

4. any instructions for home made carbon filters?

5. i'm in sort of the same situation. Im only growing 2 plants but im doing it outside. This is my first time. How much will it smell around my house and stuff?

6. i dont think smell should be a problem outside but dont take my word for it