Just happened to me, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by loudpaxk, Jul 28, 2013.

1. So I'm in the restaurant I work at chillin at a table since we're not busy and a guy comes in. Pretty big guy(muscle wise) in his early 30s I'd say. He walks in and has some bags of clothes and shit idk. He was wearing a flat brim hat, a beater, carpenter jeans and boots. He was dressed like a thug, lol. Anyway the guy asks me if he gives me 5 bucks could I drive him to Walmart. He saw I had my keys on the table and I was on my iPhone. I'm working so I said nah man I work here and he goes "oh aight man yeah I seen you here before that's why I was wondering why you was just chillin" and then starts asking the people that take orders for plastic bags and then left.

The thing is, if I wasn't working, what would I have said? I obviously don't wanna drive the guy since I don't know him and there's the possibility he robs me or some shit but what would you guys say? Assuming you just say no and he keeps asking why not

2. i'd say no I dont go to walmart lol

3. I'd tell him to meet me out back, then proceed to my car parked across the street.

4. I would say no, that's sketchy.

I may have given him money for a cab though. But in no way is that what I think you should have done. He probably would have not used the money for a cab, and added it on to his 5 dollars to spend.

Don't start thinking twice about the person you are, you're not expected to do anything for anyone but yourself. Kindness is appreciated, and needed in this world, but that wasn't the right situation for you to express it.

5. My first response?

Dude, what's in the bag?

6. Lol, he had like an extra pair of Tims, some more flat brims, and some other shit.

7. #7 rain dancer, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    So what you're saying is he was carrying a ghetto man-purse?

Lmfao!

8. #8 RoadRunner70, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    honestly id probabley just bring him im a nice dude haha

9. Homeboy just needed a ride man, help me out :smoking:

10. I would've gave him money for a cab.

11. I'm a broke college kid, ain't got noo money and he had like 3 bags so it wasn't a purse lol

12. I woulda done it. I've been that guy needing a ride and I know it sucks when you don't have one. Do unto others

13. I mean normally I'd give a person a hand but if I've learned anything in my life it's to trust no one, especially when they're bigger than you

14. I'd possibly drive him but man if you've already bought stuff why would you want to go to Walmart

15. "No flat brims allowed"

16. "I'm working right now but the taxi number is 831-123-4561"

17. Honestly, I've given a ride to someone who seemed far more sketch than this guy and it didn't turn out to be bad.

He wanted a ride down to the river where he had been fishing since he had walked up to pick up some beer. I'm a big enough dude that I could handle most people if they tried anything, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Was rewarded with a hilarious story about this girl he had been seeing that was a "baaad motherfucker" and feeling of a good deed. Most people in this world are genuinely just asking for help. It's the small handful of bad eggs that ruin it for everyone.

18. Depends on how he looked. And if he stunk too. Chances are i would say no. If walmart was close he could just walk. If it was far i wouldnt wanna go out of my way.