Just growin one Plant....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kdogg420, Feb 27, 2005.

1. I am just growing one plant, in a box, about 3 feet by 3 feet. Right now I am putting a 75 watt bulb in the box with the seedlings. I have 3 going. Two are in all vermiculite, should I switch these to soil? Also, I plan on taking the strongest of the 3, and letting the 75 wattt bulb just shine on that one plant. Will this be enough light, or should I go and buy some flourescents? And also, is it possible to trigger it into flowering so that it will fit in tha box...if not this isn't a problem I will simply extend. Also my box/plant is in a dank basement, I will spray them with selzter water every so often...will that be enough c02?

2. lol you should Read quite a bit more before you attempt to grow.. a normal 75 wat lightbulb wont do anything for ur plants... get some CFLs or floros, or the best, High Pressure Sodium.....as for ur seedling questions I dont know, I dont do seeds, only clones...

3. Yup - Transfering to soil wouldn't hurt :D

And you should definately invest in some (as in more than 1) CFL's or a small hps - especially for that size of a grow space. If you wait until the plants are about a foot tall to force flower you should be ok height wise. That depends on the strain though. They usually double in height when put into flowering so when deciding when to switch to 12/12 try to imagine the plant at twice it's height. Remember to take into account that you'll need some room between your lights and the plants as well.

4. upgrade your light! I did the same thing the first time I tried to grow and the results were horrendous. Small wispy plant with a few tiny flowers. not even smokeable

5. You're definitely going to want to at least get some CFL's, or a low wattage HPS, If you're growing 1 plant in that area, you might want to consider sectioning off a smaller section, and coating it with some reflective material (mylar, white paint etc) ... this will allow for more light intensity to more areas of the plant, especially if you are going low wattage with the lights.. with that height to work with you should also consider some methods of training be it topping or scrogging the one plant, do alot more reading before you start your grow, no need to screw it up, you seem to be confused on some basic issues (such as lighting, and grow area dimensions) Also Co2 supplementation isn't really neccesary, just be sure to check daytime/nighttime temps in the basement as well as the humidity levels... let us know if you have any other questions.. peace..

edit: check this out for a good soil(less) mix http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/720