Just got the new Tivo Premiere...

Discussion in 'General' started by spikeystud88, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ...and this thing is fucking awesome! I've had a Series 2 Tivo for almost 5 years now and its on its last leg. My GF works at this electronics place (wont name where :D). Anyways, she can do these training things and get HUGE discounts on equipment. So we ended up getting the Tivo Premiere for $99 (retails for $299), and on top of that we get a discounted monthly fee - $9.99 (usually is $14.99). So in the end it's a pretty good deal, especially since this thing is awesome. Dual tuners so we can record 2 shows at once while watching another (doubt we will ever do that lol but still).

So any of you blades have Tivo? And what are some of ya'lls favorite TV shows???

2. I have a DVR with Dishnetwork, but I used to have Tivo. I miss the funny Tivo sounds but in general I like this more.

This also has two tuners and you'd be surprised at how often both are used. It's nice because, back in the day, you used to have to choose, "Do I want to watch this show or that show." Now you can just record both (or watch one now and record the other to watch later).

3. Oh yeah, and as far as shows go, Lost, Flash Forward, V, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Better Off Ted (if it doesn't get dropped, great show, not sure when they'll start showing new episodes), Modern Family, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Weeds (Showtime, I dropped Showtime and just download the show), I also watch Castle from time-to-time....I know there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

4. Whats the difference between Tivo Premiere and regular Tivo??